Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

V-day gifts for him!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

What is everyone getting or doing for their SO/DH/BF for Valentines day?

Mine is planning a surprise for me and I'm limited on money since I've been unemployeed for two months. He has told me he wants nothing but I wanna do something.

Any your ideas?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ohsowonderful
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I am limited on funds also and have a boyfriend that is impossible to shop for. Cook him a meal, or bake something that will keep in the refridgerator so there could be a slim chance of hiding it.  That way all shopping is done at the grocery store and that can be his "surprise".

I heard from my boyfriend two weeks ago this very quote: "I wish that I had atleast 30 pairs of underwear so I wouldn't have to do laundry as much."... if I lived with him, I'd do his laundry.. but I'll do what's second best and buy him his treasured underwear and bake him a pecan pie. *Shrug*

Good luck!

onlyjamesgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I was just asking another mommy if she had any advice because I'm clueless!!! Usually I do a picture of me but I can only give him so many pics of me! haha

Not to mention he is absolutely impossible to shop for (I think that speaks for a lot of men though). They're not easy like us where they can get us chocolates and flowers or take us out to a restaurant or something. So I'm curious to find out what everyone is going to do for their hubby's!

mom2LandL
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM

For Veteran's day, I dressed the kids up in my hubby's Marine uniform and took their pics on front of a flag.  I printed them up and put them in a matted frame with 3 slots (one for each boy).  The frame cost me like $8 and then like $.50 to print the pics.  He told my mom it was the best gift he has ever gotten.

Dress your kid/kids up in something he likes (ex. teams, hunting clothes, fishing clothes, etc) and take their pics and frame them.

SarahMM23
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:11 PM

You could make him a coupons.... kinda corny but fun. You could put in things like free backrub.... free you know.... free hugs..... dinner of choice!!!!!

kslawmama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:25 PM

LOL! That's awesome. I thought about making him a strawberry cheese cake since that's his favorite desert. And maybe some trashy lingerie.

Quoting ohsowonderful:

I am limited on funds also and have a boyfriend that is impossible to shop for. Cook him a meal, or bake something that will keep in the refridgerator so there could be a slim chance of hiding it.  That way all shopping is done at the grocery store and that can be his "surprise".

I heard from my boyfriend two weeks ago this very quote: "I wish that I had atleast 30 pairs of underwear so I wouldn't have to do laundry as much."... if I lived with him, I'd do his laundry.. but I'll do what's second best and buy him his treasured underwear and bake him a pecan pie. *Shrug*

Good luck!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

kslawmama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I think I might do that also. We are very corny ppl and thinks it fun. He'd totally use them too.

Quoting SarahMM23:

You could make him a coupons.... kinda corny but fun. You could put in things like free backrub.... free you know.... free hugs..... dinner of choice!!!!!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

ibarrasgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I was literally just going to go to the lingerie place, and get some skanky outfit.  Plus we have this sexual type board game that we've NEVER played, so I figure, what better time, lol!  Oh, accompanied by some of Wal-Mart's good ol fake rose petals, lol!  I'm too tired to be creative.

kslawmama
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM

We love being corny so I'm thinking trashy lingerie, homemade coupon book and I got these plastic red with hearts wine glasses. I know he wants to take me out to dinner and I have to dress up. So I figure my corny valentine for him will happen when we get home. I'm also going to make him a strawberry cheese cake.

Quoting ibarrasgirl:

I was literally just going to go to the lingerie place, and get some skanky outfit.  Plus we have this sexual type board game that we've NEVER played, so I figure, what better time, lol!  Oh, accompanied by some of Wal-Mart's good ol fake rose petals, lol!  I'm too tired to be creative.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

lizzeh
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Probably nothing. lol. 

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:02 PM

lol i completely forgot about valentines day!!!

we usually don't do anything but we give each other a gift (last year i got him phish tickets and he got me a necklace).  i have no idea what to buy him this year!  i'll probably get him concert tickets again because he said it was the best present he's ever recieved!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)