Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please settle this for me (Baby boy fashion)

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm due with my 2nd baby boy (my bf's first child) on May 30th. I have tons of clothes from my first, but of course bf thinks the wardrobe needs a bit more sprucing up (maybe it does). Since Oklahoma summers are typically super humid, hot and disgusting I figured I'd snag the baby some manly band tee shirts (more specifically.. bands that bf loves) off the internet and ran across something my first son did not have: diaper covers?

I noticed some on a website (http://www.punkbabyclothes.net/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_57_78&products_id=4141) that were manlier than the others and had always figured these were for little girls (under dresses?).

So, did your son have diaper covers? Did the father comment? Would you put them on your son? By wearing a tee shirt and a diaper cover have I completely bypassed the point of a onesie?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JMKristy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I think these are great! I have 2 sons, but they never had diaper covers. Had I come across any that where similar to those in the link, I probably would have snatched them up!! I'm sure my hubby wouldn't have had a problem with them!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM

My son had one diaper cover that my mom had bought for him. It was blue and said something cute (though, I really can't remember what it said at the moment). Anyway, I let him wear it in the summertime. A lot of the time, that was all he wore cause it was so hot. 

ibarrasgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:57 PM

LOL!  Those are super cute, I want some for me!! 

ohsowonderful
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Quoting ibarrasgirl:

LOL!  Those are super cute, I want some for me!! 

Throughout shopping for this new baby, I think I've said "Why doesn't that come in my size?" atleast a hundred times.

junebug83
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM

those are cute! DS is cloth diapered so we use covers. You can still use onesies but if he is wearing one of these cute covers I would let him show it off and go around in a t shirt and the cover

ohsowonderful
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I toyed with the idea of cloth diapers at home and using disposable when we are out and about-- what brand do you like best? 

junebug83
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I  like kushies or bum genius. Pocket diappers are nice. But it is good to have a varity. I even use the old kind every once in a while. if you go to esty.com or even ebay you can find good ones there. also www.babybestbuy.com they are inexpensive on this site. Congrats on the baby on the way~

Quoting ohsowonderful:

I toyed with the idea of cloth diapers at home and using disposable when we are out and about-- what brand do you like best? 

JoyXtwo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Diaper covers super cute on baby boys, my son had a couple that I loved and I"m sure he did too because of the heat. One of the sets were blue, and the shirt had 3 boy things listed like " rough and tumble" and then the bum said %100 boy. Loved it.

The T-shirt and the cover is more like clothes then a onsie, and more slylish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)