Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be offended?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 64 Replies

a little backstory first. I have been working with my 2 yr old on how to act in public, the does and don'ts and table manners.

Well tonight at dinner there was a family with a kid that looked almost 5 and he was throwing a fit bc he wanted a balloon and the type of fit you would expect out of a 2 yr old, not 4 or 5.

Well about 5 minutes into it Bailian stated "that kid is bad and needs to shut up. He not a baby." So i quietly told Bailian yes, that is bad behavior and you don't act like that.

Well the mom look offended at what my 2 yr old said. would you be offended?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensema
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM

i would be emberrased.

AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:33 PM

lol your 2 year old said that?! That's funny. I think maybe I would have told my 5 year old that even the 2 year old realizes he's acting like a baby!!

KBix
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:35 PM

lol yeah he is very opinionated. I was just shocked that this woman gave me the "you are a horrible mom" look. Its not my fault i work with my child on table manners and how to act!

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

lol your 2 year old said that?! That's funny. I think maybe I would have told my 5 year old that even the 2 year old realizes he's acting like a baby!!

ShyJen
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:37 PM

id be embarressed and probably alittle annoyed.. Even big kids have bad days.

♥Im a hard working 27 year old Mama, Married to Eric (28 yrs old) for 5 years. We have 2 beautiful daughters together ages 3 and 6.. Eric and I have been together for 10 years♥
kaylasmom1114
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I totally agree, I think it's hilarious. Maybe the other mom wanted offended and just embarrased, I would be. Sometimes little kids do say some off the wall stuff, but I wouldn't be offended by them.

ttctoddler girl

bethc72383
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I would tell my 5 year old the same thing.

ludviksmith
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Quoting bethc72383:

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I wouldn't have been offended, but probably embarassed, but yeah, I'd say to my kid, see, that kid thinks you're acting like a baby! Kudos to Bailian for being such a big, mature boy!

CafeMom Tickers
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Nah. I wouldn't have been offended. I would have been more embarrassed than anything.

KBix
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:46 PM

well thanks, i was just happy for once it wasnt my kid acting up!

Quoting ludviksmith:

Quoting bethc72383:

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I wouldn't have been offended, but probably embarassed, but yeah, I'd say to my kid, see, that kid thinks you're acting like a baby! Kudos to Bailian for being such a big, mature boy!

MamaPeanut
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Hey, kids speak the truth.  If I was the 5 year old's mother, I would not have been offended by what your son said, but I also would have been so embarassed by my 5 yr old's behavior that I would have taken him out (bathroom or to the car). 

I think you handled the situation well.  And heck, if your 2 year old realizes how ridiculous that is, that's saying a lot, lol. 

My dd has done similar things, and, like your situation, the other person was offended and gave me a dirty look.  We were at Kohls a few months ago and a woman (adult, probably 30-35) was carelessly looking at kids clothes on the clearance rack, as we were, but she was just dropping items she didn't want on the floor.  Riley (4) just looks at her and says "That's rude.  We have to clean up the messes we make, no matter where we are."  Lol.  She looked peeved and walked away, but really, I'm not going to punish my kid for that, she's right.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)