Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have this friend, well I thought she was a friend. We were best friends in middle and part of HS, but got into a huge fight in 9th grade. We didnt talk again for 9yrs. We have been really good friends for the past 18months. Like glued at the hip talking all the time friends.

Well for the past 3-4months she hasnt had time for me. I ask her to do something and she says well I dont have time unless its this day and time only. I call or text her, she doesnt respond. The only time I hear from her is when she is having a husband crisis. She gets upset because I cant just drop things at a dime to go do things-she doesnt have kids. I told her we can make plans and I can get a sitter but I just cant get up and go all the time.

I dont know how long I should just keep trying to keep a friendship. Im sick of being a friend of convenience. I am planning a big dinner with a bunch of my friends for my birthday and I am at the point do I invite her or not. I dont want to have her come and then never speak to me again for awhile-cause that is how she has been. She always comes if I have a dinner party, but wont do anything otherwise. What would you do? Oh and I have asked her whats up and she just says she is busy, but I see all the FB status updates and pictures of her going out with others and the "Im bored today, what to do" status's, so I know its all BS.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
holly_peacock
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

if you arent worth her time then she shouldnt be worth yours.  dont let yourself be treated like that, or shes going to keep doing it.  i actually had to learn that lesson a few years ago.

KBix
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM

i wouldn't invite her. She sounds like she is only using you for a free dinner or a just in-case friend. I would just quit trying to be her friend and let her come around. If she was a true friend then she wouldnt act like that.

My sister has a friend just like this. She is always to busy for my sister when my sister needs a friend but the minute the girl has a problem she expects my sister to drop everything. It breaks my heart to see people being used.

I'm sorry you are going through this honey.

luvmybaby
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Thanks, but really Im not that upset about it. My BFF and I talk everyday. Some days all we get is a hey just wanted to say, but I am super busy today, Ill call you later. We always find time for each other no matter what. Im at the point of we didnt talk for 9yrs for a reason-this is exactly how she was back in HS. I was her friend when she wanted me to be, but not when I needed her.

Quoting KBix:

i wouldn't invite her. She sounds like she is only using you for a free dinner or a just in-case friend. I would just quit trying to be her friend and let her come around. If she was a true friend then she wouldnt act like that.

My sister has a friend just like this. She is always to busy for my sister when my sister needs a friend but the minute the girl has a problem she expects my sister to drop everything. It breaks my heart to see people being used.

I'm sorry you are going through this honey.

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM

i have a friend just like this, we have been friends since 4th grade but she gets extremly shady.

I would invite her, dont make a big deal of it, and if she doesnt come then let it go and dont bother anymore...a friendship should be two ways.

im sorry, loosing friends sucks, especially when its for partying.

Randee..
Lover to Brandon..
Mommy to Bryley Scott 10.27.08
impatiently awaiting 'Levi' or 'Kamrynn' Summer 2010
[[...Thinking Pink...]]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)