Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED *language* VENTING Look lady, go find your own family. Mine is taken!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 49 Replies

THIS BITCH just changed her profile picture to a picture of her and Scott...WTF?

One of her friends commented on it and asked "Who's the new guy" and she answered "Just a good friend :)"

I am going to explode. What is wrong with her, there is going to be blood.

My SO works with this girl (or woman) who he really likes as a friend. They’ve been friends for a long time, over 5 years, I’ve never had a problem with it. At the moment they’re working on the same team and have been traveling together (with other people too) over the last 6 months or so.

Before that I really thought it was just that they’d bonded over they’re mutual fields or work (there aren’t many young Geologists out there that do what they do.)

I figured out about a year ago when she came over for a BBQ we threw that she liked him more than she was letting on. I could just tell by the way she looks at him, or finds reasons to touch him. I mention it to him and he either says “She’s not like that” or “it’s really nothing to worry about.”

So I try not to let it bother me. She’s always been nice to me…but I damn well know she wants my man.

But today I came home from picking Pepper’s school and her car was here. I get inside and she’s standing in the living room holding my baby! ANGER!!!! Just the image of my baby girl on her hip, rocking back and forth and talking to Scott pisses me off!!

I want to say “Look lady, go find your own family. Mine is taken!!”

I’m hardly ever get mad or upset. But I was trying not to cry, and trying not to break something. It makes me so angry and Scott just can’t understand it. I mean he keeps saying he’s sorry and he won’t do it again but I know him well enough to know he really doesn’t get why I’m upset.

I feel freakin’ guilty of all things! Scott is the best intentioned guy, I have no doubt that he will always be faithful but the VERY IDEA of her even trying to get with him makes me feel like a crazy person! And the fact that she can’t see what snake she is makes it all the more sickening.

I just needed to get this off my chest.

Did this post make any sense? I feel like I’m thinking a mile a minute!!!

Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air -- Emerson

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BooBearsMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I would FREAK the hell out,  I'm sorry:(

zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Men never see it. When my now DH and I first started dating I got a e-mail (myspace message actually) from his ex talking about how I'm an 'unrespectable woman' and basically that because I wasn't a practicing Christian, I was not good enough for him. We ended up breaking up because of it for a few weeks before we ironed things out. But, to this day he STILL does not see that the only reason she did it was to get back with him. His reasoning is because she wanted his friend, who was also an ex of hers.

Point is, you love your husband and he loves you. All you can do is sit down and talk to him and explain WHY you are upset, that women are scandalous like that. Because whether they want to believe it or not, we are.

in love            toddler girl       puppy     baby dust
Craig and Jen       Zoey Jane        Stella       TTC #2
  5-30-09            3-31-05

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Makes PERFECT sense to me!

I'm in a similar situation...except, it's all happening online. My husband's friends with this girl, and I know that he is *just friends*, but I don't think she is. She seems way too emotionally attatched to him, and it drives me freaking crazy! Even though I know there would never be a physical relationship between them (she lives in AK, we live in PA and he wouldn't cheat on me)--I still don't like the idea of another woman thinking of my husband as anything more than a friend....

And, like you, I feel horribly guilty for feeling this way.....

Sorry, I have no advice.......but, I wanted you to know that I do understand!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Quoting zoeysmom331:
women are scandalous like that. Because whether they want to believe it or not, we are.

So true!

BooBearsMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Sorry, my reply got cut off.  There was a woman like that at my husbands work, the receptionist and she made me CRAZY,  She was sickeningly nice to him and everyone else but a royal wench to me, it made me INSANE, plus I was 8 months pregnant at the time(not to mention we met when I was his receptionist).  I know how you feel, I'm so sorry!

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM

This is what I'm trying to explain to him, but it's like talking to a brick wall

Quoting zoeysmom331:

Men never see it. When my now DH and I first started dating I got a e-mail (myspace message actually) from his ex talking about how I'm an 'unrespectable woman' and basically that because I wasn't a practicing Christian, I was not good enough for him. We ended up breaking up because of it for a few weeks before we ironed things out. But, to this day he STILL does not see that the only reason she did it was to get back with him. His reasoning is because she wanted his friend, who was also an ex of hers.

Point is, you love your husband and he loves you. All you can do is sit down and talk to him and explain WHY you are upset, that women are scandalous like that. Because whether they want to believe it or not, we are.

brocknavasmomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I have no idea what I would have done in your situation.  I felt a ball of anger inside me as I was reading your story so I can only imagine what would have happened had it been me who pulled up to find another woman in my house with my family!  I guess I understand him not seeing it as a "BIG DEAL" because in his mind this is a completely innocent friendship.  But, you do have to stand up for what you feel!  He needs to respect that you need him to keep space between him and this girl and def. keep her away from your family.  IDK if this was at all helpful but I just wanted to let you know you should NOT feel guilty for having these feelings about her. 

GenevieveD

Thanks mama, I just feel so out of sorts. I never get upset so this is really messing with me!

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Makes PERFECT sense to me!

I'm in a similar situation...except, it's all happening online. My husband's friends with this girl, and I know that he is *just friends*, but I don't think she is. She seems way too emotionally attatched to him, and it drives me freaking crazy! Even though I know there would never be a physical relationship between them (she lives in AK, we live in PA and he wouldn't cheat on me)--I still don't like the idea of another woman thinking of my husband as anything more than a friend....

And, like you, I feel horribly guilty for feeling this way.....

Sorry, I have no advice.......but, I wanted you to know that I do understand!

zoeysmom331

Trust me, I hear you. All you can do really is plant the idea into his head that she might have something else in mind. He's more likely to see it when it does happen if he's already had the idea presented to him.

Quoting GenevieveD:

This is what I'm trying to explain to him, but it's like talking to a brick wall

Quoting zoeysmom331:

in love            toddler girl       puppy     baby dust
Craig and Jen       Zoey Jane        Stella       TTC #2
  5-30-09            3-31-05

chrismom0306
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM
I know exactly how u feel. I have the same problem with my husband. He didnt understand why I didn't like this friend of his. She has been friends with his family for like 7 years and she's always at the family functions and everything. Dont get me wrong, she's a nice woman but with my husband she is a little too nice. Always flirting and everything. Right in front of me as well. He thinks because she is married that she wouldnt try anything but all she does when she is around is bitch about her husband saying that she is sick of him and not in love with him anymore. Kinda like, hint hint. Um yeah, that is a sign to me that she isnt in a happy marriage and would probably try something.We had it out about a few of the things she was doin, like only calling him at 430am every morning when he was on his way to work and not with me. I told him that being a female I can see things that females do that men cant. He is finally starting to see that I am not imagining things. I guess all u can do is talk to him and point it out that you are looking at this situation from a female perspective. Men are blind. I guess the good thing is that he isnt seeing her in any other way as a friend so he doesn't expect her to see him in another way as well. Did that make sense?? I know what I am tryin to say, but not having an easy time gettin it out..LOL

boy n girlAiden & Elizabeth 5-22-09baseballChristian 3-6-00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)