Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do pregnancy symptoms start??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hey everyone,

Just curious, I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and really for the most part don't have any symptoms yet.  My breasts are tender, my belly is a little bit harder than usual.  But besides that nothing really. I was just wondering when the symptoms of fatigue, nausea, vomitting, etc. would start. I'm a first time mama so not too sure how it all works!  :)

Thanks ladies.

expecting baby

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShireeCS
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I was feeling nauseous a few weeks before i found out. It stayed until I had her though. Oh and I found out when I was 5 weeks prego.

fulloflaughs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I started having symptoms very early in my pregnancy which is what made me suspect being pregnant.  The morning sickness didn't come until about 6 or 7 weeks, but before that I was really tired, crampy, and I would get dizzy.  It's different for everyone though.  

knglenn22
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM

With my son I had the "gag over everything" but not morning sickness or anything and my boobs were tender.  That was about it.  Since your so early the symptoms might be coming a little further a long. 

ShyJen
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM

With my first daughter I had no symtoms at all! The only way I could tell I was pregnant was the 5 positive preggo tests I took. I never felt pregnant even as my belly got bigger. With my second daughter I felt nausious probably around weeks 5-12, and i was always tired.. after 12 weeks I felt great. Everyone is different.

♥Im a hard working 27 year old Mama, Married to Eric (28 yrs old) for 5 years. We have 2 beautiful daughters together ages 3 and 6.. Eric and I have been together for 10 years♥
Miss_Magnolia.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM

For me Pregnancy Symptoms didn't come til the end and it was only discomfort from being huge, I never got sick, or cramped or hurt.

samantharuf
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM

It is different with everyone and every pregnancy but my experience sucked lol. I found out at 4 wks and started puking and 9wks and didnt stop till i delivered. Every single day all day. lol. I felt like I had abs till I was 6 months then felt like period bloatedness till about 8 months, then I popped lol. The day of delivery they weighed me before my csection and I gained 10 lbs my whole pregnancy and after delivery i lost 20, confusing? I know. lol. Pregnancy does silly things to ya and its different for everyone so congrats and good luck :)

nicole_rendon1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:18 PM

It is different for every person.  Before i was even 4 weeks I notice my breasts were tender and i was vomitng, but had no idea i was pregnant.  It didnt take me long to figure it out :)   Congrats on the new pregnancy!

nicole_rendon1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Quoting samantharuf:

I felt like I had abs till I was 6 months then felt like period bloatedness till about 8 months, then I popped lol. The day of delivery they weighed me before my csection and I gained 10 lbs my whole pregnancy and after delivery i lost 20, confusing?

I am incredibly jealous! I had aweful morning sickness and the only thing that made me feel better was greasey foods.  I gained like 10 lbs by half way through and kept going from there.  All together i ended up gaining like 50 lbs including my rediculoous amount of water weight!  I was so swollen i coukldnt open my fingers! I wish i had your pregnancy body!

MrsPeters1012
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:01 AM

With my first pregnancy I did not have any early pregnancy symptoms.  My breasts got a little bit bigger, but I thought it was from my birth control pills because I had just switched to a new kind.  I had a very easy pregnancy until the late in the 8th month when I was uncomfortable and ready to have the baby.

With my current pregnancy, I knew right away.  I knew almost 2 weeks before I could take a pregnancy test...sore breasts, nausea, vomiting, and bad headaches.

RachelBeth1984
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM

with both of my kids i never had nausia vomitting cravings lots of the symptoms of pregnancy every one is different maybe you wont get to feeling some of these things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)