Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and cramping

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello,

I just found out that I am pregnant.  By my estimation (first day of last period) I am about 4 weeks and a few days.  I've been having some cramping and I'm just wondering if this is normal. 

I don't remember having any cramping with my other two children and my last pregnancy was anembryonic.

Any one else experience something similar?  Could it just be from implantation? 

I'm going to call my doc in the am just to be sure.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MiSs.SmOkEy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Im about 25 weeks and I still get cramps every once in awhile I asked my doctor about and she told me it was fine. Im not sure about only being that far along.

Aden Jacob (4-20-2008)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
steph2884
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:20 AM

I've had cramping with both pregnancies, along with bleeding during my first. I have been blessed to have two healthy children now. Not all cramping is impending m/c and I do believe it is somewhat normal. Now if you are doubled over in pain... you should go to the er. I would say you're ok, but it's always good to call a doc and ask them!

mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:56 AM

i had some with my last mostly due to scar tissue being streched more than it really could. dont remember any with my 1st 2. i would call your dr though. my bff had some really early too and not to scare you but she shortly later found out she had an etopic pregnancy. most drs i believe you can call even late at night and talk to on call about it. good luck and good wishes for you

momma2brayden
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM

The same happened to me, and just to be safe I had an early ultrasound to make sure everything was good and it wasn't eptopical

mstevens10
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I had cramping the first little while and I found out when I was 4 wks as well. Dr told me mild cramping almost like light peroid cramps were just implantation. If you start having any spotting or bleeding she told me to go to the ER. I had an early U/S scheduled because I had a prior miscarriage. But light cramping with no bleeding is okay unless its severe on one side.

KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 AM

First Congrats Nic!!! But i had it mildly with both pregnancies too.

Cadance
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:59 AM

When I was pregnant with our little girl I remember thinking that my period is on its way because I was cramping so much!!  Good luck and Congratz! :) 

Mommy to 3 very active boys and one little girl!!
AHJN
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Thanks all!  I will be calling my doctor in about 45 minutes when his office opens.  I have an appointment scheduled but it's not until Feb 18th >.<

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)