Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you get offended when others talk about religion other than the one you believe in? If so why?

I do not ask this to start anything so be civil...

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
supermom3806
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I don't really have a religion but I do hate it when someone tries to push their religion on me.

kristinaleann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM

no, i dont. I dont care what others talk about. If I dont want to hear what they are saying then I just ignore it.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Nope, doesn't bother me. I enjoy hearing about other people's beliefs.

KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM

i dont like that either...i personally believe in Coexist....i think everyone should be grown-up enough to respect other religions as much as their own

Quoting supermom3806:

I don't really have a religion but I do hate it when someone tries to push their religion on me.

X.boo.X
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM

i take no offense. i practice no particular religion but still i know that all religion promotes kindness, love, yadda yadda, and if they say something offensive or hateful, theyre just letting their ignorance shine. :)

supermom3806
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Oh yeah I respect all the other religions but we aren't religion people. I've never been to church but I was brought up to believe that God does everything for a reason so I go with that even tho right now in my life I'm not to happy with God for taking my daddy away but I wont go around saying he's not real && that everyone who believes in him is stupid that's not me

Quoting KBix:

i dont like that either...i personally believe in Coexist....i think everyone should be grown-up enough to respect other religions as much as their own

Quoting supermom3806:

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Nope. I like to learn about other peoples beliefs. Some things other religions believe are really neat! So long as they don't try telling me how wrong I am for believing what I do and that I'm going to hell... I don't mind at all!

Proud mommy of a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!! I love my little Elizabeth!

jbirchard
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

No, I love religious conversations. I respect all religions and love learning about them.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Nope. Simply talking about and even discussing religion in detail is fine with me. What offends me is when someone takes it a step further and tries to push what they believe down my throat by telling me I am in the wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)