Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for moms with kids in elementary school

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you feel that having a child in elementary school and being in your 20s people look at you differently?

I know some of the other moms look at me a certain way. However Scott never gets bad vibes when he takes our DD to school, he just thinks I’m crazy.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinaleann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM

lol i do. But Its my Skids that I bring to school. I have a SD in 4th grade!

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Well at least you know what I mean! LOL Scott doesn't understand, he just lives in his own little world.

Quoting kristinaleann:

lol i do. But Its my Skids that I bring to school. I have a SD in 4th grade!

Brianav
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

My daughter is in pre-k and I just turned 21 lol. I have never noticed any bad vibes from other moms or my daughters teachers. But sometimes when I go to the store people (mostly old ladies) think I am like 14, 15, or 16...lol I take it as a compliment ;)

--♥--Briana--♥--

jbirchard
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Nope, I look younger, but it's not like I am 15 or something. Plus it's 2010 people get over it, lots of women have kids in their 20's.  

superdupermom03
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I live in South Texas and having a kid when your 14-15 is soo common here it's crazy. My best friend here is 21 and has a 2 yr. old grandbaby by her SD who is 14 and I also just met this girl who is 27 (she went to school with my hubby) and has 2 grandbabies and one on the way!!! She had 3 kids by the time she graduated high school!!! So no, no one stares at me cause I'm 25 with a 2nd grader. lol

Callie Joat the beach

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM

WOW! I think I need to visit where you live LOL

Quoting superdupermom03:

I live in South Texas and having a kid when your 14-15 is soo common here it's crazy. My best friend here is 21 and has a 2 yr. old grandbaby by her SD who is 14 and I also just met this girl who is 27 (she went to school with my hubby) and has 2 grandbabies and one on the way!!! She had 3 kids by the time she graduated high school!!! So no, no one stares at me cause I'm 25 with a 2nd grader. lol

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

When my daughter was in public school some parents did look at my funny, but it was rare.

Now that we homeschool, we get more dirty looks than ever. A lot of people don't support homeschooling (even though there is a huge homeschooling community local to me) and even more people don't understand how someone in her 20s can possibly possess enough knowledge to teach her own children. Nevermind that people my age can actually be DOCTORS and SCIENTISTS.

JMKristy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Oh yeah!!! There are NO young moms at my kids school!!! I have 1 in first grade, and one in 4th. Although I'm not that young (will be 29 next month) I do look younger. They are nasty... when most of the moms do talk to me, it's a lot of undercuts!! It drives me insane. The funny thing is, I work at the school just about everyday, so most of the kids know me. When I'm walking to the parking lot with my kids and their kids talk to me and tell me about their days, it really annoys these moms for some reason! Anyway, I just want to ask these moms who they are to judge?!?! I may have been young when I had my kids, but I'm a good mom, so get over it! I like to do things backwards anyway, so it works for me! LOL!! Sorry for my mini rant, but I completely know what you mean! And yes, btw... my husband doesn't see it either!!

jennypinfargo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Heck I'm 28...almost 30, and my DD just started Kindergarten and I joined the PTA and I have had more than a few moms comment on how young I am and one lady told me that she can not belive that I am so young and a stay at home mom!! REALLY I'm 28!!  And what would that have to do with being a SAHM??

miriamz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I have a daughter in first grade and I am one of the class mothers. Some of the other mothers look like they could almost be my mother but it's all good. I don't let them get to me.

Photobucketlactivist Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucketi love my police officer Pictures, Images and Photos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)