Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be very careful who you reproduce with….

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

So once again Pepper’s dead beat dad has let her down. We’ll call him Mike.

He only sees her once a month at best, he never calls or checks in. Then last month he calls out of the blue and is talking with her on the phone. During the course of the conversation she called my SO, Scott,  “papa” (he’s been her father figure pretty much since her birth and only dad she’s known) and the ass starts telling her that she can’t call him that because he’s her real father and so on and so on. You get the idea. He’s a first class loser.

Mike made plans to take Pepper camping this coming weekend. When I first mentioned it to her she didn’t want to go, but we’ve talk about and over the last week she’s getting more and more excited about it.

Cut to today. Mike calls, Scott picks up and they get into over the phone. Mike calls back and tells me that “things are looking really busy at work this week and he think he’s going to have to cancel” BUT (GET THIS!) “It would be easier if I told Pepper because it will hurt her feeling less coming from me.” And then proceeds to tell me that I should “make up whatever reason” that he can’t take her.

I SAVED THE BEST LINE FOR LAST. “Looks like you made sure she’s got a new dad anyway so what does it matter.”

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What is wrong with him!?!?! I wish he would just leave us alone! He’s done this so many times and I don’t want to see her disappointed again. I don’t know what to tell her.

I want to punch him in nose or push him off a cliff!!!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Eveshalloween
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I think we might have the same ex..sounds just like mine POSSSHHHit!!

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

What is wrong with these men? For real! Just man up and keep your word and don't be an asshole. It's not THAT hard!

Quoting Eveshalloween:

I think we might have the same ex..sounds just like mine POSSSHHHit!!

jennypinfargo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Sounds like he is jealous and he needs to GROW THE F UP!!

Mommy_n_Mel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I have the same problem with my DD's biological father.  He doesn't want to take any responsibility for her, but he pitches a fit about her calling my husband dad.  My husband was in my daughter's life before her bio-dad ever even took the time to meet her.  He doesn't think about what is best for her, only what is most convenient for him.

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I think that is the part that angers me the most. It's all about HIM, he can't even see past himself for a weekend.

Quoting Mommy_n_Mel:

I have the same problem with my DD's biological father.  He doesn't want to take any responsibility for her, but he pitches a fit about her calling my husband dad.  My husband was in my daughter's life before her bio-dad ever even took the time to meet her.  He doesn't think about what is best for her, only what is most convenient for him.

Erin_Mom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I am so sorry your baby has to be disappointed time and time again.  And im sorry that jerk keeps putting you in the position that he does to be the one to cancel for him. 

I would flat out tell him that if he feels you found another father for her and that she doesnt need him then maybe he should either become a PERMANENT person in her life or just leave her alone. (im sure its been said already but it cant hurt to drill it in his head)

Maybe you guys could plan a family camping trip so that she still get to go camping. 

Again im so sorry you guys have to deal with that loser.

miriamz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Quoting Erin_Mom:

I am so sorry your baby has to be disappointed time and time again.  And im sorry that jerk keeps putting you in the position that he does to be the one to cancel for him. 

I would flat out tell him that if he feels you found another father for her and that she doesnt need him then maybe he should either become a PERMANENT person in her life or just leave her alone. (im sure its been said already but it cant hurt to drill it in his head)

Maybe you guys could plan a family camping trip so that she still get to go camping. 

Again im so sorry you guys have to deal with that loser.

I agree with that btw where did you make your siggy?

Photobucketlactivist Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucketi love my police officer Pictures, Images and Photos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)