Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctors don't know why && neither do I. (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I went to the doctors today to see why I haven't got my period yet.

Here's a little history: I've been on the shot for 3 yrs with out a period. Well my last shot was in Oct. I was suppose to get one in Nov. but I went && got switched to the pill because we want to have another kid soon. So I called to see why what was going on && they told me to come up today at 330. 

So I went to the doctors && I'm not pregnant. I'm a little sad but then not really. I mean I do want another kid now but its just not the right time. First my son is turning 4 in March I want him at least potty trained, in school for awhile plus I want to get him to bed at 830 not at 10. Plus I have been working on losing my baby fat for like ever so I'm finally losing the weight. So I went but they can't figure out why my period hasn't came yet. I'm guessing its stress next month will be a year since my dad died so I've been really down about that plus we are really struggling for money && waiting for money to come. So they just gave me 3 months worth of The Pill. Hopefully it will come soon.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShireeCS
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM

This has happened to me I went months without a period after stopping bc they gave me pills to get it and before i oculd start them i started my period it was horrible though then i skipped the next month and then was on bc and the next period was horrible.

fivefikes
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I was in the shot for 1 year. I didn't get pregnant for 4 years after that, unprotected sex the whole time. It screws with your system more than you know. Good luck on trying for a new baby! 

MomaFied
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:35 AM

wow they let you be on the shot for 3 years??? you know that the shot causes bone loss etc?? my doc said i coudlnt be on it longer then 2 years etc......

anyways since you were on it so long i have no doubt in my mind that its still the shot causing it.... on the paper it says it can take up to 18 months to get pregnant again... sooo

Married to an older man, mom to two beautiful lil boys,one special
needs, Forward facing, bottle feeding, vaxing, Sahm, Fun young loving
momma...

supermom3806
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Yeah my doctor told me it was fine && that there was nothing wrong with the shot. So I finally got sick of it that I went to a new doctor && they told me I should have been taken off at my 2 yr mark which is what I wanted. Lets say I dont see that doctor anymore

Quoting MomaFied:

wow they let you be on the shot for 3 years??? you know that the shot causes bone loss etc?? my doc said i coudlnt be on it longer then 2 years etc......

anyways since you were on it so long i have no doubt in my mind that its still the shot causing it.... on the paper it says it can take up to 18 months to get pregnant again... sooo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)