Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I have Fibromyalgia?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
  • 8 Replies

Soo I've been experiencing a spasm in my eye lid and in my left forearm (along with other things but didn't think to connect them until now. So I went to Web MD and put in arm spasm. This is what popped up and I was like OMG could I have this??? Another symptom I've been experiencing lately is what I thought might be RLS in my legs (feels like growing pains or something) Anyway the symptoms I have are highlighted.

• Chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms or tightness, weakness in the limbs, and leg cramps
  • Moderate or severe fatigue and decreased energy
  • Insomnia or waking up feeling just as tired as when you went to sleep
  • Stiffness upon waking or after staying in one position for too long
  • Difficulty remembering, concentrating, and performing simple mental tasks
  • Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and constipation alternating with diarrhea (irritable bowel syndrome)
  • Tension or migraine headaches
  • Jaw and facial tenderness
  • Sensitivity to one or more of the following: odors, noise, bright lights, medications, certain foods, and cold
  • Feeling anxious or depressed
  • Numbness or tingling in the face, arms, hands, legs, or feet
  • Increase in urinary urgency or frequency (irritable bladder)
  • Reduced tolerance for exercise and muscle pain after exercise
  • A feeling of swelling (without actual swelling) in the hands and feet
  • Painful menstrual periods
  • Dizziness

Now none of this things are sever (like the numbness or depression or remembering things) But I can't even remember the last time I slept well. It's hard to get to sleep and hard to stay asleep and I always feel exhausted!!!! Does anyone have this or know anything about this? I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor and see what she thinks.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WesAndNicksMom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:35 AM

i have almost all of those symptoms other than the migraines lol  just like you, i can't remember the last time i slept and actually felt like i slept and i get WEIRD muscle spasms.  my left palm completely tightens up and i have to massage it to get it to stop when it does it and it's done that for years.  my eye has spasms a lot too and sometimes my thumbs twitch which is kind of unnerving lol

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:52 AM

So do you think it's just life? Or could it be something else? My husband thinks I'm a hypochondriac lol

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

i have almost all of those symptoms other than the migraines lol  just like you, i can't remember the last time i slept and actually felt like i slept and i get WEIRD muscle spasms.  my left palm completely tightens up and i have to massage it to get it to stop when it does it and it's done that for years.  my eye has spasms a lot too and sometimes my thumbs twitch which is kind of unnerving lol

TempestRayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Well, doctor's appointments are always good.

JMKristy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I would say if it's bothersome to you, make a doctors appointment!! I know I try to stay away from wb md myself! It seems like I will go there and type in a symptom, and it throws back the worst case scenario!! Which always freaks me out!! LOL!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM

haha the worst one that kept popping up was multiple sclerosis!!!! I'm pretty sure I don't have that. I really don't know, it's probably just life and stress that are giving me all these symptoms. No one in my family has ever had fibromyalgia. I doubt I have it either. But I do really wish I could sleep!! I'm so freaking tired all the time!!!

Quoting JMKristy:

I would say if it's bothersome to you, make a doctors appointment!! I know I try to stay away from wb md myself! It seems like I will go there and type in a symptom, and it throws back the worst case scenario!! Which always freaks me out!! LOL!

JMKristy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I think I may have had M.S. pop up once too!!! I get the shakes... if you watch my hands, they are almost always shaking... a symptom of M.S!!! LOL! Web Md is so great about freaking you out!

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

haha the worst one that kept popping up was multiple sclerosis!!!! I'm pretty sure I don't have that. I really don't know, it's probably just life and stress that are giving me all these symptoms. No one in my family has ever had fibromyalgia. I doubt I have it either. But I do really wish I could sleep!! I'm so freaking tired all the time!!!

Quoting JMKristy:

alvord1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Heres what I know... My Mom has Fibromyalgia. Alot of the symptoms that are on there are grouped with it but most people Dont have all of them... My mom Definately has the depression... The one she Complaines about the most is the Pain. she often says that her skin hurts and if anyone so much as touches her arm it hurts. Sometimes people think that she is overreacting and A hypocondriac. I have spoken with her doctor several times and they are saying that it could run in families. Her doctor has even said that RLS could be the Beginning signs of it... but that is his Opinion. I have RLS and I can tell you it SUCKS! I really hope this helps... If you do have it, please take this Advice... Dont just give up and start seeing a pain management doctor. all they will do it put you on narcotic pain Medications and get you hooked and your pain levels will get worse... Get regular massages and look into homeopathic pain remedys... It will help.

CafeMom Tickers
miller060905
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM

dang.... i have most of those symptoms....

good luck mama.  let us know what your doc says!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)