Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG So pissed!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

So my daughter is going to be in a local pageant today. (Her first pageant) We got her a beautiful dress, and she did great at rehearsal last night. (I had to work but my mom took her). Well last night when I picked my dd up, my mom says "I'm just going to warn you there are professionals there" I was like "what?" and she said "yeah, one of the little girls has a COACH like on that show Toddlers in Tieras". She said it's my brother's friend's little sister. So I txted my bro asking how old she is, hoping they won't be in the same age group, but she is just a few months older than dd, so they will. I don't know if his friend was there  or if he txted him, but he comes back and says "His mom's new husband's mom is the one making all the fuss, and his mom didn't want her to buy the $2000 dress, but she went along with it to make her happy." I was like "Are you freaking serious? Does that 2 have 3 zeros after it?" He was like "Yeah, it's crazy" I'm not all about winning or anything but what kind of chance can my dd have now? They're freaking 2 years old. We live in a small farm town, and I don't know anybody around here that can afford to go to all that trouble. So how is that fair to all the other little girls in her age group? How can we compete with that? Ugh! I'm so upset! Sorry, just had to vent a little!

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, Loving wife to Curtis, And expecting a handsome little boy in July!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM

wow, that's over the top.

Brianav
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM

DAAAAANG! You could buy 50 cute dresses for 2000$

KimberlyDoll
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Just because she's spending all that money and getting a coach doesn't mean the rest of the little girls no longer have a chance. The judges may see that and be turned off, specially considering this is a small town thing and no one else will be going all out.

AHamrick
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Yeah, My dd's whole outfit; dress, shoes, hairbow, and socks was only about $60. And it's really beautiful. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow. Some ppl are CRAZY!

Quoting Brianav:

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, Loving wife to Curtis, And expecting a handsome little boy in July!

PurpleRose509
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:59 AM

It's just a price, I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think the judges are going to be judging how much her dress cost. I'm sure you can find just as nice a dress for wayyyyy less than $2000.

AHamrick
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I hope you're right. Like I said, This is her first pageant and she's 2 years old, so I'm not all about winning. I just want her to have fun and enjoy the experience. Of course I hope she does well. I just can't believe they would spend $2000 on a dress for a 2 yr old to wear one time in a local small town pageant.

Quoting KimberlyDoll:

Just because she's spending all that money and getting a coach doesn't mean the rest of the little girls no longer have a chance. The judges may see that and be turned off, specially considering this is a small town thing and no one else will be going all out.

rlemde
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Soo what's the goal of the pageants anyway than to pick the prettiest? Not trying to knock, I just don't understand what they're for. Really. But yah 2000$ is more than I spent even on my wedding dress.

KimberlyDoll
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Yeah, I don't blame you. something like this in a small town to me is for fun. Specially considering they're all only 2. Let them be cute and little. I cannot imagine dropping 2 grand on a dress for my 2 year old for a pageant. Thats just insane. I hope the judges laugh the mother all the way home.

Quoting AHamrick:

I hope you're right. Like I said, This is her first pageant and she's 2 years old, so I'm not all about winning. I just want her to have fun and enjoy the experience. Of course I hope she does well. I just can't believe they would spend $2000 on a dress for a 2 yr old to wear one time in a local small town pageant.

Quoting KimberlyDoll:

JMKristy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM

OMG! Anyone spending $2000 on a dress is insane!!!

Have fun momma!!! Take lots of pics!! We can't wait to see them when you post!!! I'm sure your daughter will do wonderful, and look absolutely adorable!!!

Quoting AHamrick:

Yeah, My dd's whole outfit; dress, shoes, hairbow, and socks was only about $60. And it's really beautiful. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow. Some ppl are CRAZY!

Quoting Brianav:

Mrs.Matthews
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Money is the root of all evil...................... (not saying this is evil) but someone so worried about a 2yo winning they spend that kind of $$$ should be slapped. (thats where the evil comes in) lmao! .................. Its way over the top. But all that should matter is YOU are proud of your cute little one no matter what, and Im sure you are. I have my fingers crossed she will win. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)