Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just watched 16 and pregnant for the first time.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

I watched Farrah's episode on MTV.com. I read some of the most recent comments on it afterwards, and I'm kind of wondering what kind of world we live in to nitpick so much on someone.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs_sara_cooper
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM

People like putting others down because they know there's something wrong within themselves.

PrincessWriter
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I haven't seen that yet.  Must go check it out!  Was it a good show?  Frankly I think 16 is too young, but everyone has to make their own way in life.  People are horrendously judgmental, mostly due to fear. :)

757NavyWife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM

amen girl

Quoting mrs_sara_cooper:

People like putting others down because they know there's something wrong within themselves.

Proud Navy Wife & Momma.

miller060905
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM

agreed

Quoting 757NavyWife:

amen girl

Quoting mrs_sara_cooper:

rlemde
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I thought it was a good show. In the episode she was a cheerleader, found out she was pregnant and the whole school knew before she was even ready to tell her friends. She had already broken up with the father and didn't want to talk to him, and she and her family that was in the best interest. So I got the impression that she never told him, though he did call her and ask her if the rumor was true. She decided to keep the baby and asked questions, talked to nurses, etc. After her daughter was born she still lived at home, hadn't gone back to work yet, trying to do homework. Her mom seemed to nag at her during the day and wouldn't help her at night. When she asked for help she said something like "I'm not raising your baby you did this to yourself". Ok, she's trying to do her best and she's freaking exhausted, any mom would need a break and probably most of us do- At least have someone watch the baby while we sleep for more than 2 hours. It just breaks my heart to see someone so young trying so hard, needing some kind of independence b/c you can't rely on others all the time, and not have any kind of emotional support to help you. She got help from her grandparents. In the episode she didn't get much from her mom though.

angiebaby90
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I clicked the link to this post thinking you were going to rag and go on about how "teen moms are whores" as alot of women on cafemom post. Thank you for being realistic and caring! I completely agree with you, its sad how ppl think they can scrutinize (sp) everyones life bc they arent perfect! Newsflash- NONE OF US ARE PERFECT lol thanks

JMKristy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I have all of these on my dvr, along with teen mom, but have yet to watch them...

bellaamore
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Yeah, I think that people are hard on young moms..yes, they should have waited, but life happens.  And, maybe they get things wrong, but they are still young, that is going to happen  They will have to learn for themselves how to do things right...all we can do is hope that their kids are not screwed up, you know? That doesn't mean that love and effort isn't there.

mommy3378
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I think its the Teen Mom episodes of Farrah they tend to portray her in a bad light, she leaves her baby with her mom A LOT to go out and party. But that doesn't mean she isn't taking care of her and stuff all the time, but the show decided to basically show mostly her going out. I wouldn't and dont base an opinion on someone based on what  TV show shows. I dont know Farrah in real life, I have no idea how her life really goes. I wish her and the other moms the best of luck raising their babies!!! its tough to be a young mom.And doing it without the help of the dad has got to be even harder.

KBix
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM

its just her to take car of the kid, the dad died in december 08 in a car accident

Quoting mommy3378:

I think its the Teen Mom episodes of Farrah they tend to portray her in a bad light, she leaves her baby with her mom A LOT to go out and party. But that doesn't mean she isn't taking care of her and stuff all the time, but the show decided to basically show mostly her going out. I wouldn't and dont base an opinion on someone based on what  TV show shows. I dont know Farrah in real life, I have no idea how her life really goes. I wish her and the other moms the best of luck raising their babies!!! its tough to be a young mom.And doing it without the help of the dad has got to be even harder.

Kristina~mommy to Bailian and wife to Brad~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)