Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you pick a name?..

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM
  • 29 Replies

hubby and i each chose a name for our son and put them together... i chose matthew and he chose carson....(matthew carson)

and if we ever have another baby we also have a little girl name picked...  he chose cheyenne, i chose grace (cheyenne grace).. 

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessWriter
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I just went with one of my favorite flowers, and searched for a middle name that went with it.  Of course, I also forgot that there was a Disney Princess by that name...*sigh*  In the end I had Jasmyne Rae. :)  Those are some really nice names you have chosen. :)

erikays
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM

baby books and online! 

2sdayDayli
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM

we had talked about the names we were going to choose for our children before we even got married. i promised a friend of mine that can't have children that i would carry on her middle name for her because that was her only wish when she had children. so, guaranteed before i was pregnant if it was a girl the middle name was going to be rose, my husband and i both like royal sounding names so he picked anastasia for a girl's name and i thought anastasia rose sounded beautiful. if we would have had a son his name would have been caesar mikel, my husband has always wanted to use caesar as a name for a son because of royalty and power and i wanted to use my husband's name so that was michael, but i wanted to spell it differently. we had a girl and that's how we got her name.

kaleynrobertiii
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM

those are both beautiful names...my husband and i chose kaley nicole for our daughter...i wanted something that wasnt very popular and was unique...and the minute i saw the name kaley, i loved it. nicole just poped into our heads...our son is a III.

before we knew we were prego with our son, we came up with a girls name too..Kendra Rose. too bad we never got to use it.

tristansgirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Our first he used that name a lot on video games lol So I already liked it and so did he. Our oldest DD was a name we both liked, My sister said both of there middle names and I like how they went together, and our youngest we changed her name right after she was born. She had his friends first name and my friends name as her middle but we changed it So she because Skye (it was a very nice day lol) and Rose because it is a family name on both sides.

Jyden Alexander-8
Masyn Elizabeth-7
Skye Rose-5

jackieb2811
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Well before we even got preg we were talking one night and SO said he liked the name Cade and he like the name braylon ( as in braylon edwards nfl player ) anyhow I liked it sorta and just was like" yea ok". Then a few months later we were pregnant and we started thinking of names day in and day out I looked through name books and nothing, then when I found out it was twins I was like "crap man I have to name 2 now haha"! I never picked girl names I KNEW from the get go it was boys!! I liked so many names Noah, Tanner, Trevor, but then I went back to Cade and my sister said she didnt think it sounded finished lol. So she said Caden. I liked that then I when back and forth thinking of names to go with Caden like Jaiden or Cade and Jade lol but didnt want that ! SO his favorite rapper is Lil Wayne ( wayne carter ) so I said "yea Caden and Carter I like that! Then came middle names I had his sister email me some potential middle names and the first list she sent I immediately took to chase . I said it and it sounded good Caden Chase :) ( one down) I called SO and he said ok what about Carter Vincent  ( he likes the show Entourage and the main Character is Vincent Chase lol) so it came to me Caden Chase and Carter Vincent!

Mrs.Beaty
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Savannah was nameless for a couple day actually! Because she was a month early. I looked through book after book and nothing I liked really. My stepdad said he like Joelein but I didnt like that for a first name. I was think of a movie I loved as a kid Savannah Smiles. So there it was Savannah Joelein.

trittersmama
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Took me forever...middle name had to start with a A so I went with Anthony and I just liked the name Caleb and I think they sound good together...His dad had no say since he decided he didn't care enough to stay.

alvord1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM

DH and I sat down and watched a movie when i was 3 months prego. It was the Game Plan. The little Girl's name in the Movie was Peyton and DH absolutely loved it... We talked about it for a bit and Changed the Spelling and that became her name... Her middle name came from on of my best Friends. :)

CafeMom Tickers
VallesAvallonis
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM

My husband and I argued for months over names. Anything I liked, he hated and vice versa. Then one day we were watching Benny and June together, and at one point during the moving June's full name was shown on her medical card. We both looked at each other and decided we loved the name... hence Juniper was named. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)