Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HORMONES.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, I know that mood swings come with the territory of being pregnant, but how does one deal with them? I mean, I'm worried that my poor husband is going to end up hating me before baby even gets here.. :( I don't TRY to  be moody or pissy with him, it's just, it happens... And he puts up with it... :(  I don't like the way it feels when I snap at him, and the look on his face, I feel so horrible... I don't do it ALL the time, it's just sometimes I have my moments, where the slightest little thing triggers this monster in me. HELP! Please tell me I'm not alone on this! And if there are any stress relieving tips you may have! Thanks. frustrated

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miller060905
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM

oh dear you aren't alone.  when i was pregnant i was like that ALL THE TIME!!!   i didn't even like being around myself... i have no idea how my poor husband dealt with me!!!

tina01446
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM

i wish i knew how to help but i dont because im the same way. me and my bf argue about stuff all the time..and its usually because of me. i dont know how to deal with the moodiness...its crazy and i hope it doesnt destroy my relationship!

roksnshooz
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM

man I really wish I could help you. But unfortunatly I have that issue too. I have always had severe anxiety but now that I am pregnant I cant be on my anxiety meds... It really stinks. The doc did say that he can treat depression but I dont have any of that. Sorry you are going through that hopefully things will balance out for you. I know its stressful hopefully your hubby understands.

mummaof2lilboys
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Tell him a nice massage will relieve some stress :)

mamamalia
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM

i'm also in the same boat.  I've kicked my DH out twice (never for more than a few hours) just because i was so stressed and tired that i was crying over everything and he got mad.  hopefully it ends when the baby is born.  Going for a walk when you are upset helps a lot.

CafeMom Tickers
roksnshooz
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM

This is true!!! I work out every night to balance out the hormones

Quoting mamamalia:

i'm also in the same boat.  I've kicked my DH out twice (never for more than a few hours) just because i was so stressed and tired that i was crying over everything and he got mad.  hopefully it ends when the baby is born.  Going for a walk when you are upset helps a lot.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a comfort food loving, proud Air Force wife, who is living her true Love story with her  Prince Charming,  I am a conservative Christian Mommy, who plans to BF and vaccinate my baby.

Paula Amole

BabyBoston710
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Thanks so much! I feel better knowing that I'm not alone on this... I've never been pregnant before, so this is a lot of new stuff for me, and I'm not sure what's normal and what's not. lol :)

TempestRayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I usually told my exes that I need a bit of time to calm down.  If I say something that I regret, I apologize.

IheartArianna07
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:59 AM

lol I swear I was the biggest bipolar bitch on Earth while preggo with DD. I'd get mad about NOTHING, throw all his stuff into trashbags, then want him to come cuddle with me. He apparently didn't mind because he intentionally got me preggo again. I try to be nice this time around, at least to him lol. Unortunate for other people around me though!!

JMKristy
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:01 PM

same here!!! I have no advice to offer, wish I could tell you how to deal with the mood swings! My hubby seemed to understand, and I give him so much respect for it!! there were times I was just plain nasty mean... for no reason!!

Quoting miller060905:

oh dear you aren't alone.  when i was pregnant i was like that ALL THE TIME!!!   i didn't even like being around myself... i have no idea how my poor husband dealt with me!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)