Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutco knives......

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone every heard of them? Do you have them? Like them, hate them? We did a friends friend a favor today and listened to his spiel to help him out. Well DH LOVES the knives and wants a set. They are super expensive. Dh is trying to talk me into it. So.....before I say yes I need to know if they are good or not!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HardWorkingMomK
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM

i "worked" with them very briefly and they're crap, and their whole scheme is awful. Tell your friends friend to drop them, give them back his "set" and get away. Seriously. Look up "vector marketing scam" and you'll see it all. I did like 9 of those presentations and made a whole 96 bucks. They don't pay for training and you have to pay for your set. And the associates who do sell get a shitty piece of the commission. IMHO of course...

luvmybaby
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:16 AM

He has only been with the company for a short time. He has 3 jobs total and said it will be the first to go-he hates it, but likes the knives so far. He just had a baby-very unplanned so he is just trying to support her till he can find something else. But yeah he agrees the company is crap, but so far he loves the knives. Just trying to find out if the knives are good.

Quoting HardWorkingMomK:

i "worked" with them very briefly and they're crap, and their whole scheme is awful. Tell your friends friend to drop them, give them back his "set" and get away. Seriously. Look up "vector marketing scam" and you'll see it all. I did like 9 of those presentations and made a whole 96 bucks. They don't pay for training and you have to pay for your set. And the associates who do sell get a shitty piece of the commission. IMHO of course...

AshletD
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I worked for them, too.  Luckily I got out early, like you did.

Yeah, OP, tell your friend's friend to cut bait and run.

Quoting HardWorkingMomK:

l_to_the_e
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:24 AM

my parents have a set of cutco knives. they are SUPER sharp, and they really like them. my parents are the sort of people that see the cool demo and listen to the spiel at the county fair and then mail-order the set of whateveritis. but, having lived with them for 6 months and used those knives constantly, they are really well made and do not dull. yeah they're a little pricey, but you won't be buying another set from ikea in 5 or 10 or even 20 years.

sherri8806
by Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Great knifes! I would never buy them because the company is  crap lol. 

salemsgem13
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:27 AM

They are nice knives but VERY VERY sharp

sarajhankins
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:28 AM

i have the potato pealier and we love it... its the only thing we have... love the knifes but wont pay the price for them

JMKristy
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:13 PM

i have a friend who used to work for them, about 10 yrs. ago. She still has the knives, they are great! She hated the company though! BUT I was given a set of wusthof knives, you can buy them at places like macy's, when I got married, almost 10 yrs. ago. These knives are as sharp as they were the day we got them, cheaper than the cutco knives!!

Blaiden
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I love mine. They are pretty expensive, but I have had mine for almost 5 years now and still work great.

CandleMommy09
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Quoting HardWorkingMomK:

I also used to "work" for them and so did my dh and a friend of mine...don't waste your time.  I do have a set of the knives that was given to me.  They are good but I would not have paid the money for them myself just because they are expensive.  But in all honesty the best advice I can give is RUN!!! NO money is made and it's annoying as heck! You will definitely end up spending more money on the set than you will make.  By time I paid for travel/the set/the hospital bill (someone cut me during the presentation on accident) I lost money.  IMO it's definitely not worth it.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)