Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm BLOWN away.

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

OK so my sons dad has visitation 8 days a month. Thats it. Something always seems to happen in those 8 days to set me off, but this time its on a WHOLE new level. Ok so my don is almost 4, i have been growing his hair our since he has a horrible callic , splet right i think lol, in the back. Well the reason it has taken me 9 months to get it where i like it, it b/c his Dad cut it without asking me. I was so fired up he swore he would never do it again. So when i drop my son off on Thursday i made a joke not to cut his hair cause it was all crazy over the place. We laughed and he said he learned his lesson yada yada yada wouldnt do it again. Ok I was at work yesterday and he calls me, he needs to tell me something. Alright, well apperantly his MOTHER had taken MY son and shaved his head while my ex was at work and she was watching him. OMG i am so fired up about this. This woman thinks she is above me and does all kinds of crap and I brush it off cause I just dont need the drama she can cause. My ex said he talked with her and it wont happen again. But I think i need to say something to her. Im just SOOOOOOOO mad.... ugh... what would you mamas do..... i just want to scream at her.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I would write her a letter. I wouldn't be rude or cuss just yet, I'd just write her a letter explaining that next time you'd appreciate her calling and asking first, and that you grow his hair out because of his awful cowlick (yeah, that's how you spell it. Because if a cow really did lick his hair, it'd DEFINITELY stick up, lol) and that you really don't appreciate that she shaved him without your consent. 

Mommy_n_Mel
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I would let her know that he is your son and only you have the right to make decisions like that.  You don't need to scream and you don't even need to be rude about it, but I think you do need to make it known that you have an issue with that and I think that needs to come from you, not your ex.  I think you should give yourself some time to cool off about it and then maybe give her a call and maybe just ask her to consult you before making decisions regarding your child.  But I can totally understand where you are coming from.  I would be irrate if someone cut my child's without my permission.

momma_gig
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM

if it were me i would scream and cuss her out, HOWEVER i do not suggest you do this LOL. i think you should sit down and talk to her face-to-face and let her know exactly how you feel in a calm and mature way.

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Wow I would be pissed.. My son has the same thing so I tried the grown out thing and it didn't help so I just keep it short but I would be really really upset if someone shaved his head! I don't like that look and I don't think anyone has the right to do that outside my Husband and myself- Divorced or not!

Erica

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Ya that isn't right at all and I would (as any mother would I'm sure) be upset as well. I think the letter suggestion is a good idea.

Fayad.mommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:28 PM
ok i think also it was the comment she made to my ex about it. when he talked to her and told her what the hell went through her head when she did it she said she thought we just couldnt afford a hair cut.....WOW.... i think we make more money they do. ugh just so upset and im trying to calm down but its not working.
sweettigeress
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I think you should say something to her as well. No one better lay their hands on my child's hair or they'll be getting an ass kicking. That is not up to anyone but the parent. I would be livid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)