Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your SO/bf/husband

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM
  • 119 Replies

Where did you first meet your SO/bf/husband?  How long did it take before you asked/got asked out?  How long have you been together?  Where did you go on your first date?  When did you know that you were meant to be together?  How did your family react when you told them you were getting married?  How did your family react when you told them you were pregnant?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randysmommy88
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Quoting randysmommy88:

Where did you first meet your SO/bf/husband? After my brother and I were in a car wreck, Bastien's older brother was the first police officer who got there.  He followed Randy and me to the ER, and Bastien came with him.  How long did it take before you asked/got asked out? He asked me out while we were still in the ER. How long have you been together? A year and a half. Where did you go on your first date?  The Old Spaghetti Factory When did you know that you were meant to be together?  As corny as it sounds, after our first date. How did your family react when you told them you were getting married? My brothers reacted with fists (:D), my sisters with joy, and my parents were ecstatic that I had found such an amazing man. How did your family react when you told them you were pregnant? Same as when I told them I was getting married. :D

mnjo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Oh my gosh that is such a special story!

Met husband online in 2007. We had our first kiss after five months of dating that Thanksgiving on Passion Island in Cozumel. I knew he was the one for me a few months after we started dating because he knew all my secrets and still wanted to commit to me. We've been dating since June of 2007 and married since June of 2008. Family had mixed reviews, some thought I wasn't ready, but they all love Ben, and they are thrilled we are pregnant now.

Quoting randysmommy88:

Quoting randysmommy88:

Where did you first meet your SO/bf/husband? After my brother and I were in a car wreck, Bastien's older brother was the first police officer who got there.  He followed Randy and me to the ER, and Bastien came with him.  How long did it take before you asked/got asked out? He asked me out while we were still in the ER. How long have you been together? A year and a half. Where did you go on your first date?  The Old Spaghetti Factory When did you know that you were meant to be together?  As corny as it sounds, after our first date. How did your family react when you told them you were getting married? My brothers reacted with fists (:D), my sisters with joy, and my parents were ecstatic that I had found such an amazing man. How did your family react when you told them you were pregnant? Same as when I told them I was getting married. :D

asesnick1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

My husband and I went to the same high school, hung out with the same groups of people, and somehow didn't meet until after he graduated, 1 year after I graduated.  We met at a mutual friends house, who ended up living across the street from my best friend and I.  Within 24 hours of meeting, we were making out.  We went on our first date to Carrabba's, and then I promptly told him that I couldn't date him.  I had just gotten out of a 2 year relationship, and my head wasn't in a good place.  We ended up hanging out and being really close friends for the next year, all the time with him having to watch me go on dates with a bunch of losers.  He dated a couple of girls during this year too, and toward the end I was getting really jealous.  When I finally approached him about dating again, he blew me off because he didn't think I was serious about it.  It took me about two weeks of convincing.  After that, we dated for two years before we got married.  His parents were ok with it, though his mom did the whole "my baby is getting married" thing.  My parents, on the other hand were not on board.  They were convinced that I wan't going to finish school and that I was throwing my life away for a guy.  Now, at this point I had put myself through most of college, earned scholarships, and taken out student loans to pay for it, and had a 3.8 GPA.  There was no way I was going to drop out.  I got pregnant about 9 months after we got married, and had my son durring my last semester of school.  My parents were again convinced when I got pregnant, that I was going to drop out.  Seriously?  With one semester to go?  I have obviously proved them all wrong however, and everything is good now.

Hope that wasn't too long :)

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I first met my DH in Sunday school, actually. We had been attending the same college and, obviously, the same church in the area. After Sunday school he would NOT leave me alone, lol! He asked me out probably within a month or two, but I didn't say yes for four or five, not even to just a first date. We went to Sambuca's, a nice jazz restaurant in Dallas. We dated for a couple months before I realized just how serious he was and broke it off because I wasn't that serious and I knew that if I stayed in the relationship he would eventually ask me to marry him, and I just wasn't sure I wanted that. After taking a few weeks to think things over, I realized what a great guy he was and what I wanted was to be with him. Several months after that, we got engaged. I think my family was rather shocked; they'd only met him once (we were in school out of state.) But they got over the shock quickly and were happy for me. They were all excited when we announced we were pregnant 2 years later. :-) 

cementcitymama
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I met my hubby through my brother, took him 3 months to ask me out, been together for 3.5 yrs, on our first date we went to his apt and he had made me dinner, I knew by 6 months of dating that i was going to marry him, My fam wasnt surprised at all about our getting married, they were surprised and excited to hear i was pregnant, my mom wasnt surprised at all :)

Catherine
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
ShyJen
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Where did you first meet your SO/bf/husband? Online in 1999, using ICQ messenger. He sent me a msg one day. Then two weeks later we met in person.

How long did it take before you asked/got asked out? Two weeks after meeting in person, he asked me out because I told him I didnt like guys that just play games and wait around for months to ask a girl out.

How long have you been together?  10 years and 3 months

Where did you go on your first date?  To a movie and McDonalds lol.. hey thats a good date for two 17 year olds haha

When did you know that you were meant to be together?After he kept wanting to drive an hour to my house from his house every weekend just to see me and talk to me..lol it was so cute. He even would pick me up from school on fridays after he got out of school.

How did your family react when you told them you were getting married? They were excited, his parents were all for it and my dad wanted us to get married, although my mom didnt think he was good enough for me, just because he's a shy guy, she thinks thats creepy.

How did your family react when you told them you were pregnant? My mother in law threw a fit and locked herself in her room for awhile. My mom wasnt suprised, she thought i would get preggo at 18, instead of 20.. i dont know why, but she didnt have high hopes for me since i moved in with DH on the day of our graduations. My dad was excited so that was cool.

♥Im a hard working 27 year old Mama, Married to Eric (28 yrs old) for 5 years. We have 2 beautiful daughters together ages 3 and 6.. Eric and I have been together for 10 years♥
sweettigeress
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM

My DH and I met online. We chatted for two months then finally decided to meet. That was it for us, we knew it was meant to be. We dated for three years then got married. We were planning on marrying all along, we were just saving money and we got a house first and I got a car. My parents were ecstatic we were getting married and my mom was super happy when I told her we were having a baby. We've been together for 8 years and will be married for 5 years in July.

MissMorgan07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I meet my DH in college. I knew him for about a year before we started dating. We've been together for 4 years in April and have been married for almost 2 years!! Our first date was at Magic Mountain, putt putting. We knew from the start that we were meant to be together :P It seems like a fairy tale, magic ending but we are VERY LUCKY and HAPPY to have found each other. My mom was very excited when we told her we were getting married.

in love

Fayad.mommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Quoting randysmommy88:

Where did you first meet your SO/bf/husband? its really funny actually. i was kinda dating his friend and we were all into this Subaru thing. So i knew him from the group and my ex. How long did it take before you asked/got asked out?  oh man this took about 6 months. im not gonna lie we had a physical relationship before anything serious. How long have you been together?  2 years Where did you go on your first date?  He took me to Fudruckers a burger place and I hated it lol. When did you know that you were meant to be together? When we all went through a mountain run/rally with our Subarus a guy had flipped off a cliff, yes he was just fine. He actually walked away from the site. anyways idk just at that moment we thought what if that was one of us, and have spend every moment would could together since. How did your family react when you told them you were getting married?  They were so happy. They love my hubby. He really took me and my son in. How did your family react when you told them you were pregnant? They were all so overjoyed. Even more excited when I told them we were having a girl.

DylansMom213
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Lol this is fun! I first met my husband when we were in the sixth grade. We knew who the other was but were never friends or anything. We became friends in the 9th grade, then stopped talking for a while. In the second half of the 11th grade, we became very close friends very quickly and had our first date on Valentine's Day. We got engaged the year we graduated high school and got married the year after, when I was 20 and he was 19. My family and friends were really surprised we chose to get married so young when we weren't pregnant or anything! My dad was completely against it but was there for us in the end.

We had our first baby almost 13 months ago, our sweet little Dylan. He was born just a few months after our fifth wedding anniversary. Everyone in both our families and all of our friends were so excited and surprised that we'd waited so long!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)