Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you say when.....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:09 PM
  • 30 Replies

Ok so I don't have any friends that are my age with kids so I have never got to ask, but have always been curious. Have you ever been somewhere with your children and someone says things like you're too young to have children and then questions your age? What do you say??

I am 23, will be 24 in April but probably look 17 or 18 and I get this EVERYWHERE I go, and it's to the point that it disturbs me, and always wished I would say mind your own, but don't have the nerve!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Thankfully I never get this. But if it happened I'd probably be an ass right back. First off I'd probably be like, "uh do I know you" and when they said no then I'd be like, "then you don't know me either, mind your own business". lol!

WesAndNicksMom
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:15 PM

i got the same thing (when i was 23 they asked what grade i was in when i started my job lol).  i would just tell them my age when they asked and that would be the end of the conversation :)  i was always polite about it (because it's the mature way to go) but i was always kind of annoyed about it too...

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Yes I get that a lot too! I'll be 24 in April too! When is your bday?

LiLbesos812
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Quoting sweettigeress:

Thankfully I never get this. But if it happened I'd probably be an ass right back. First off I'd probably be like, "uh do I know you" and when they said no then I'd be like, "then you don't know me either, mind your own business". lol!

I agree I don't get these questions? people are really that rude? If people think that of me I must not pay enough attention or maybe it's cz' i don't care what others think of me...

arianaxangel23
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I haven't had anyone say anything ot me, but I get looks alot.  I look like 12 I think lol.  Some little girl asked my fiance how old his daughter (me) was haha.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

People don't say it to me in a mean way though ( I kind of take it as a compliment lol) They'll be like are they BOTH yours?? And I'll say ..yes... and they'll be say "wow you don't look old enough to have kids!" I'll say "thanks! you made my day!!!" lol

cgriffith401
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM

My bday is April 1st. Yours?

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Mine's April 1st TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April fools! lol I know I'm a huge dork, it's the 17th lol

Quoting cgriffith401:

My bday is April 1st. Yours?

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

cgriffith401
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Most people don't say it in a mean way to me either, but I like your response, never thought of that one. I did have one lady who said I needed to stop having babies because I was too young!!! I just hate getting questioned everywhere I go!

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

People don't say it to me in a mean way though ( I kind of take it as a compliment lol) They'll be like are they BOTH yours?? And I'll say ..yes... and they'll be say "wow you don't look old enough to have kids!" I'll say "thanks! you made my day!!!" lol

madmaxine
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM

yea i get it all the time but i'm only 21 with a 2yr and a 1yr and 1 on the way... and as i go on to tell them well i'm 21 so then next qustion that ask do that all have the same dad..its like YEA!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)