Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Tick Itch Tick Itch Tick Itch*

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

Lately I have been getting the baby itch bad... Two of my close friends are expecting and one friend just had a little girl two weeks ago. Problem is my husband wants to wait because he is worried about how much another baby would cost (I honestly think it's because he doesn't want to deal with 2 sets of diapers but that's just me). We have a 13 month old daughter and his 11 y/o son from his first marriage. I honestly don't this we're as bad off financially as he thinks we are but trying to convince my husband he is wrong about money is like talking to a brick wall cased in concrete.

I should of been pregnant right now but I miscarried in January and that is probably one of the reasons I'm itching. The pregnancy caught us off guard (as did my pregnancy with my dd) and I would like to actually plan one for once.

Any ideas on how I can maybe sway hubby?? I am not OK with just stopping my birth control method with out telling him, that just seems very wrong to me.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Heather0810
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:24 AM

So, I guess poking holes in the condom is out of the question?  :P  Just kidding.  My husband was worried about finances too.  I told him if we waited until we were "financially set", then we would never have a family.  As soon as something is paid off, there's always something else to take it's place.  He agreed and we started trying within a few days.  I know you already have 2 children to look after.  We don't have any yet.  This is my second pregnancy, but we lost our first.  That's really the only advice I have.  I'm not sure of your financial situation.  Is he worried about making ends meet each month?  Or is he more worried about paying stuff off?  Not trying to pry, but if you're worried about getting stuff paid off...then I think there's no need to wait to try.  :)

Mom71307
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Breastfeed, make your own baby food, and cloth diaper!  HUGE ways to save $$!  Also, use resale places as clothing stores or hand-me-downs from friends.  Our 2nd child has cost us very little because I do all the above!  We bought diapers for a few months before I switched to CD's and it was roughly $40 a month more.  I breastfeed and will make my own baby food when the time comes.  That adds about another $10 a month for the extra produce.  I also agree with pp about being financially set... it won't happen!  There will always be "let's do this first".

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I'd just sit him down and have a chat with him about it.

miller060905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM

i would just sit him down and tell him how you really feel about it.  if that doesnt work... well you don't want to go against him behind his back... that doesn't usually end well.  good luck mama!

hummingbird86
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Quoting Heather0810:

So, I guess poking holes in the condom is out of the question?  :P  Just kidding.  My husband was worried about finances too.  I told him if we waited until we were "financially set", then we would never have a family.  As soon as something is paid off, there's always something else to take it's place.  He agreed and we started trying within a few days.  I know you already have 2 children to look after.  We don't have any yet.  This is my second pregnancy, but we lost our first.  That's really the only advice I have.  I'm not sure of your financial situation.  Is he worried about making ends meet each month?  Or is he more worried about paying stuff off?  Not trying to pry, but if you're worried about getting stuff paid off...then I think there's no need to wait to try.  :)

He's worried about making ends meet but we're doing fine as far as he has shown me. Other than the house and my student loans we don't have any debt. We bought both our vehicles outright instead of going to a dealer. We try not to buy on credit, we've both had bad experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)