Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your google say?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 AM
  • 37 Replies

I just went to http://www.google.com/and instead of the multicolored google had a multicolored Topeka. Topeka is the city I was born and raised in...WTH? How did it know that? Does yours say that too? Or something else?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
guam_mama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:35 AM

it says topeka for me too and ive never been there in my life, i guess it says that for everyone...LOL

cbarna281
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Says Topeka:

I think Topeka just renamed the town Google as some part of promotion...i think i read this somewhere last week; though i could be wrong-the coffee just hasn't kicked in yet!

carterscutie85
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:48 AM

lol mine says topeka too..its a conspiracy!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM

WEIRD!

SAHArmywifenmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Mine also says Topeka, I have a feeling that Google is doing a April Fool's Day Joke lol 

mommyofblueyes
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Weird....mine still says GOOGLE!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Okay so I clicked on the multicolored Topeka and it brought up the article about how Topeka, KS (my home town) has changed it's name to Google and so to honor their decision Google has changed it's name to Topeka.

Is this for real????? This is devestating to me! I can't fathom Topeka as anything other than Topeka! Can someone PLEASE tell me this is not for real???

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 AM

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!!! I got GOT! lol I was seriously worried lol!!!!!

Quoting SAHArmywifenmom:

Mine also says Topeka, I have a feeling that Google is doing a April Fool's Day Joke lol 

AmliMama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Mine still says Google too. But remember it is April fools day - you never know what you might see today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)