Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this too early?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am having pain when I walk in my lower tailbone...almost like a nerve. Only 11 weeks though too early for a nerve to be pinched right? Has anyone else had pain in this area?

Oh and it is mainly on the left side

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM

i'm having horrible pain in the muscle of my right butt cheek. 

maddysmom8809
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM

You can pinch a nerve there no matter what, whether you are preggo or not. I would say that you might have slept wrong and your spine shifted. If it gets worse or if you have a hard time walking, then I would call the doctor. However, you spine might just readjust and the pain go away.

miller060905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:48 AM

i don't think it's too early... heck that happens to me sometimes and i'm not even pregnant.  if it doesn't go away in a few days i would maybe call and talk to your doc about it.  hope you're feelin better soon mama!  congrats on the pregnancy!

mrseljuri
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Thank you everyone I was worrying. I go to the doctor on Wednesday so I will make sure to mention it especially if its not better. 

CafeMom Tickers
mrseljuri
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Thank you! 

Are you TTC?

CafeMom Tickers
MikeysMom51108
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Yep, it could be a pinched nerve. I had it with my last pregnancy, and that's what it was. It started with this pregnancy right around maybe 10-12 weeks, so it didn't concern me as much since I knew what it was.

hopeandglory53
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I had that a couple weeks ago...pain would shoot down my left leg when I walked as well. It finally went away on its own.

And no, I'm not pregnant and haven't been for 3 1/2 years.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

awww I hope it goes away soon! I hate that! My sciatic nerve bothered me a lot in late pregnancy. I would cry!

Crafty421
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Nope, not too early.  Probably your sciatic.  Which is a BIG bummer 'cause it can get REALLY painful throughout pregnancy.

I'm sorry that you are already having pain!!!  That really sucks.....and honestly, there's all kinds of stretches and things you could do to make it feel temporarily better, but no long term fix.  As soon as that baby pops out it will go away.

mrseljuri
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Thank you all...good to know I wasn't overreacting.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)