Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did you give your children their name(s)?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 119 Replies

And how did you come up with them?

My oldest daughter is Ameri Joy- Her first name is my middle name Marie, and I wanted a namesake but Ashley Marie (my name) is too common for my liking so I switched around the letters to make Ameri. And I just liked how Joy sounded, but after i met my husband and we found out we were pregnant he told me that "Joy" is one of his grandmas middle names so we kept it!

And our 2nd DD is Evelyn Rose. We wanted Olivia but my Aunt was pregnant too and had chosen Olivia already, so we went on the Social Security website to look at all the popular name lists (can go back to like 1822  or something) and saw Evelyn and loved it. And Rose is for my grandma Rosalie whom I am very close with!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

family traditions.

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Saria Lynn. Saria I made up and Lynn is my mom's middle name.

Kaivarii
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

My son is named Ben Kenobi, we came up with that because his dad is a big star wars fan

adalynnsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I was at family's hous in TX and saw the name, Adalynn, under a pic of my cousins wife family and fell in love with it.  Ann is after my grandma.  DD is Adalynn Ann.  DS is Gannon McRea.  Gannon came out of a book I was reading, and McRea is the old Clan name on DH's side.  It is also his, his, dad's, and his dad's dad's middle name.

JaykobsMommy209
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM

My son's name is Jaykob Ross. DH wanted to name him Jayke and I wanted Jacob so we compromised and came up with Jaykob. Ross was my grandpa's middle name, he died 12 years ago but I was very close to him.

KBix
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Bailian was named after Bailan of Ibelin during the crusades :)

his middle name is Isaiah which is the book of strength to me in the bible

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Brennen - b/c we both have Irish backgrounds. 

Mahkah - b/c that's what his biological parents name him. 

Tennyson - b/c I have a minor in literature AND b/c we didn't have any boys names picked (hoping for a girl), so it was kinda pulled out of the air lol. 

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Quoting Kaivarii:

My son is named Ben Kenobi, we came up with that because his dad is a big star wars fan

that's awesome :)

Sam.Marie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Carter Durand~ Carter i really loved the name and Durand becuz hubby wanted to name our son after his dad in some way so Carter's middle name is fil's first name

Alexander Lee~ We wanted a strong name and chose Alexander, Lee is hubby's middle name

if we would have had a girl it wouls have been Kaylee Marie~ Kay is my mil's middle name, Lee after my hubby's middle name, and Marie after mine (Hubby says the name isnt out yet cuz he wants one more and I say we are done!)

lhgalant
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

my DD's name is Tanley Nicole.  We saw the movie Summer Catch about a year & a half before we even started TTC and Jessica Beil's character in that movie was named Tenley...we changed the E to an A and my DH told me he loved the name if we ever had a girl...which I thought was highly unlikely.    My DD was the first female from his blood line in 57 years!!! Nicole is my cousin's name and the name that I thought fit best with Tanley...plus, my cousin's dad, my uncle, past away suddenly 3 days before my daughter was born.  my DS's name is Brian Dale.  We agreed on Brian as we wanted something of Irish heritage since both of our families are Irish and all the boys in my DH's family have Irish names.  His middle name happens to be the middle name of my uncle that passed away suddenly 3 days before my DD was born and also my DH's uncle that had passed away a few years before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)