Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but.......

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM
  • 86 Replies

First of all I am just curious.  I am not tyring to open a can of worms, or start a big debate about God and Jesus.

I am a Christian and we celebrate Easter, because it is when Christ saved us.  I am curious why people who are not Christian celebrate Easter.  If you are comfortable please tell me. 

I am not trying to bash anyone.  I would not ask this if I did think this group could answer in a grown up way.  I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe.  I am not going to try and change what you believe and I do not want you to try and change what I believe.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmliMama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM

A celebration of spring

Kaivarii
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I celebrate it because for us its a time to be with family and thats important to me

HardWorkingMomK

We celebrate even though we don't practice any religion because it is a family tradition(on both sides) and for us any reason to get together and celebrate is a good idea. And good meals and laughter always come with it too. 

http://highlyopinionatedmomof2.blogspot.com/
I bitch, I moan, I tell it how it is. Read to find out why. And how.
LivinDeadGurl

I don't know. I don't celebrate it.

vintage_pearl4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Some people celebrate Easter as just a fun holiday to give your kids candy and hunt eggs.

Lorelai
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Easter has been made into a fun holiday that can easily be non-christian. The Easter bunny has nothing to do with Christ being nailed and stabbed and tortured for our sins, then returning to heaven. right?

0ot
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM

we celebrate spring

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM

who wouldn't want to color eggs, have easter egg hunts and get a basket full of goodies? I do it for the kiddo. 

MommaMidget19
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM

as far as i know, ha ha, my dads side was catholic and they had some traditions that we did, but my mom's side wasn't, but it was still the easter egg hunts, the candy, and i guess dinners with family.

If I just had to answer I would say I don't really know why I (we / family) celebrate/d it.

AmliMama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Quoting HardWorkingMomK:

We celebrate even though we don't practice any religion because it is a family tradition(on both sides) and for us any reason to get together and celebrate is a good idea. And good meals and laughter always come with it too. 

Yes, this too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)