• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9th time might be the charm

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am currently 23 years old. When I was 16, I started dating a boy, got married to him when I was 18, and had 7 miscarriages with him and was pregnant with our 8th when I left him 2 years ago. Later that year our 8th was stillborn with a genetic disorder that I do not carry. He never went to get tested for it, but we are divorced now, so it doesn't really matter at this point. I had every test they could do done to me back then through all of that, and everything came back showing there is no reason that I shouldn't be carrying full term, but I am still nervous. This is my 9th pregnancy, and it is with a different man, so I am hoping for the best. I am still anxious, though. Even though there should be nothing wrong in this pregnancy, I am having a hard time getting as excited about it as I know I should be-as I WANT to be.

pregnancy calendar

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rpowers12
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

The excitement will come with time. This is normal in pregnancies that follow tragic pregnancies. And with you having 8 previous tragic ones there is no wonder you are concerned. Just try to relax and take it easy.

adalynnsmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Oh Honey I am sorry to hear that you have had to go through all of that.  May God bless you and this little baby.  I pray that all goes as it should go for you and your family.   I pray that you have a happy healthy pregnancy and baby. 

JaykobsMommy209
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I'm so sorry about your losses. I hope you start feeling better and have a very healthy and Happy 9 months!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:21 PM

: ( I'm sorry for your losses! That is so terrible! Congratulations on your new pregnancy though and I really hope everything goes well for you!

miller060905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM

aww sorry you've had to go through that mama!  good luck on a happy healthy pregnancy!!

JMKristy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I am so sorry... I hope you have a healthy pregnancy this time. I have been in your shoes. I do have 2 children. But when we ttc our 3rd, learned that I had a blood disorder which causes miscarriage. We are currently in the process of getting ready to try to get pregnant, if that makes any sense!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)