Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone been on Nifedipine? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone taken this for pre-term labor to stop contractions? just curious as to what happened once you stopped taking it!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
britt6
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Yep I took it, wound up in the hospital about an hour after I took it. For some reason it gave me massive migraines. The docs didn't believe me told me to stay on it. Well guess what I came back the next day and even sicker...My OB was pissed at the people that had treated me the night before. Turns out I was allergic to it and the reaction I was having was actually making me progress further rather than hindering labor.

Sorry totally forgot to answer the actual question, oops.....For me I went right back into labor once I quit taking it. I ended up having to take something else to halt labor. I would say that if it depends on your body, I hear some say they have taken it so long that they ended up having to be induced, whereas others like myself went right into labor once they quit.

Come read my blog! A 365 day look into my life as a SAHM to 4 kids. http://everydaykindacrazy.blogspot.com/

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I wish I could help but I haven't heard of it before. Here is a bump for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)