Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they call me auntie!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM
  • 88 Replies

okay ladies... we know that we are all moms in here... but how many of us are aunts?  tell us about your nieces/nephews.  how old are they?  what are they like?  do you see them often?  what do they call you? 

~*~ Jenna ~*~  Wife to Mark : Mom to Emily & Riley

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eppie76
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM

No nieces or nephews for me:( and I really hope no time soon my sister and my brother in laws are no where near ready to become parents that would scare me!!!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I have 3 sibblings any my H has 2 sibblings. We are they only ones with children.

northernmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM

i have a nephew (SIL's son) who is 7 we see him all the time, he calls me Jen. i have a niece (sister's daughter) who was given up for adoption at birth (open adoption, sister was 15) she's 5 but most likely won't see 6. she currently under hospice care.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

HardWorkingMomK
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:02 PM

3 nephews. all on my DHs side. they call me auntie. I only see one of them regularly and he's the coolest little boy i know :)

lady_sl33py
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

i have like 13 nices and nefews from my brother in law... but i only know lke 3 3call me tia (aunt) the other 2 call me lili

miller060905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM

dh and i have two nieces.  both are from dh's brother Matt and his wife Pam!

Alyssa - she is technically our step niece but her bio dad is nowhere in the picture and matt is "daddy" to her.  she became part of our family when she was 8... she is 11 now and such a sweet thing.  she has cerebral palsey.  it took her a while to warm up to us but now when we visit she is quite attatched to me.  i just love her to death!  she usually just calls me jenna but sometimes she adds "aunt" in there!  lol! here are two pics of her.  the first one is like 2 years old... the second was from this last summer

oh that's my SIL katie - another one of lyssa's aunts in the pic.

Mattison Jo - Mattie-Jo is our newest niece... she is 6 days old now and just the cutest sweetest baby every!  lol.  i love her to pieces!  she obviously doesnt talk yet!  lol

*** right now i see them about once a month or more cause we live like 45 minutes away... but in june we are moving up to trout lake - where they also live and so i will see them a few times a week i'm sure!  ***

britt6
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I have 19 nieces and nephews at the moment,lol, They are between the ages of 18 and 3..:)

mrsniebo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I can't wait to be an aunt! My SIL is in the process of adopting a baby that is due 10 weeks before my little one is. It's too bad they live so far away.

CafeMom Tickers
tbache

I have 3 nephews and one niece. Teagn, Gaige, Urijah and Bailey. (in age) Teagan and Bailey are my sisters kids so I'm closer to them, mostly becuase i talk to my sister w20948309483 times a day! They are almost 6 and 18 months.teagan is in Pre-k school and seems to like it, he's really young for his grade so they decided to keep him back a year, which is better for boys i hear from alot of teachers! bailey is just crazy like her brother and they both love to be outside and are non stop movers!! (all the kids in my life are movers!)

Crazy loveable kids. Gaige and Urjah are my Brother in law's kids they are 4 and almost 2, they are great kids too. G is finally warming up, he was stuck to his mom sooo bad that never really went to anyone but her, So it was hard to get close to him. Urijah is a little bit the same way, but he's alot wilder than his brother. with Gaige we could give him his snacks or toys and he'd stay right in the living room and never get into anything he wasn't supposed to, his brother on the other hand he's into everything. Gaige is in preschool and seems to like it also.

I love being an auntie, its the 2nd best thing in the world! Behind motherhood of course!

miller060905

wow that's a lot!  i hope to some day have lots.  lol.  dh has 6 siblings and i have 2 siblings but so far only dh and i and then BIL and his wife have any kids!

Quoting britt6:

I have 19 nieces and nephews at the moment,lol, They are between the ages of 18 and 3..:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)