Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Mommy Moment

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

We went to the park today with a friend and we were walking to our cars to leave the park. The kids were all ahead of my friend and I so the two of us were just yapping with each other and I see her look back her and here comes my daughter (she's almost 2) trying to keep up with my friend and I. I had thought...assumed... she was with the boys ahead of us. I turned around scooped her up and bawled my eyes out. She wasn't very far behind us, I just didn't know she was back there and felt TERRIBLE about it. My friend said she knew she was back there the whole time and was watching her making sure she was coming but I had no idea she was back there and that is what got me so upset. I still tear up thinking about not knowing she was back there. : (

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

It happens. We can't be perfect all the time, we are only human.

group hug

"God is an invention of Man. So the nature of God is only a shallow mystery. The deep mystery is the nature of man."

photomommi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM

aaaawwww. I would feel the same way. what a horrible feeling!! =( But don't worry, you're not alone. We've all been there. Just be thankful that nothing happened.

shawnalmil
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM

oh im sorry, i have done this, i lost luis in walmart, we couldnt find him any where for like 30 mins! he was hiding in the maternity clotehs i felt horrible because he was 2.5 and they had to lock down the store, CODE ADAM, and i also forgot what he was wearing

miller060905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:16 PM

aww mama... i would feel horrible too... even though it was an honest mistake and your friend knew she was there... i can still see how not knowing yourself would just make you feel awful.... but..... like a pp said, we can't be perfect all the time, we are only human!  ((hugs))

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM

oh yeah we were all @ mcdonalds and i have 3 kids and there was 5 adults there my hubbie told me to get refills to go and i assumed everyone else would get the kids well i went outside to help get the kids in the car and asked were my 2yo was apperently no one got him so i run back in everyone was looking at me and my son was just playing but i was so upset and mad so it happens to the best of us!!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Oh man! Glad they found him!

Quoting shawnalmil:

oh im sorry, i have done this, i lost luis in walmart, we couldnt find him any where for like 30 mins! he was hiding in the maternity clotehs i felt horrible because he was 2.5 and they had to lock down the store, CODE ADAM, and i also forgot what he was wearing

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Thank you everyone for sharing stories to help make me feel like less of a terrible parent! It's times like these when you realise how precious your children are and how much you love them and could never live without them!

imamommy1205
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

We all have our moments. Dont beat yourself up. When Brittney was almost 3, I ran out to get the mail and she locked me out! Talk about bad mommy moment! Thank God our landlord lived so close!

tinaandavasmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Everyone has those. I guess it is part of being a mom. We beat ourselves up about not being perfect.

MamaPeanut
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Aww, it happens.  We all have those moments, hun.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)