Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supidity is and Epidemic!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

OK My SIL is preg.with her 2ND after 18years her other daughter will be 19 in May and her baby's due late Sept. OK just a Lil background her other child my niece she never took care of unless it was convenient for her.And often left to go on trips while dropping her daughter off and she would be crying begging to go and she would just leave her most of the time with us or my mother and father-in-law which are older. OK now a few years later shes preg. and don't know who the father is she had an affair on her hubby of 20yrs but anyhow they claim to not have any money but have lived a nice lifestyle up until the last few months and shes wanting me to give her all my baby stuff to use OK i am a nice person and have done this a few times for friends kinda like musical baby stuff. Then I find out shes gonna save her money up to have a 4d ultrasound done her Dr quoted her one for 250.00. Here's my problem if you are to broke to even buy diapers for YOUR baby then why would you waste your money on an ultrasound? I understand you haven't been preg.for 18 yrs and it would be neat but those 4d pics wont clothe,feed, or diaper you baby. Sorry so long give your opinions ladies!

**UPDATE**
Ok She is due monday and didn't get the 4d ultrasound done.But also didn't have but a few baby clothes and a carseat for the baby untill July. Ok wich is ok normally but here's my prob. Now My Father-in-Law passed away July 14 and she apparently deemed herself financial supervisor of my Mother-in-law and. Now has everything she could ever need in the baby department new and neither her or her husband are working so? And my mother in law don't have much money no life insurance on my FIL and she don't draw anything all she has is a little from an estate that was sold back in March. So needles to say myself and Hubbie are furious and my SIL wort even take my MIL to the store to buy groceries so she can eat and I cook enough for her to have food to eat we live right above her so we just take it to her! Or inviter her up. Sorry so Long again!
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miller060905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM

WOW.  i think she is just looking for a handout in the baby stuff department.  i have no problem letting people use my baby stuff or even just have it if they just ASK... but when they make up some excuse about how they are so broke and can't afford to buy things for the baby just so people will offer them free stuff, but then go spend money on other useless things it really REALLY irritates me!  if you already told her she could have the stuff though then i don't have much advice on how to deal with her... sorry!

shawnalmil
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:16 PM

OMG I HATE PPL LIKE THIS!!!!

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

i told her i would help were i can but now all she's getting is some diapers if shes lucky.

Quoting miller060905:

WOW.  i think she is just looking for a handout in the baby stuff department.  i have no problem letting people use my baby stuff or even just have it if they just ASK... but when they make up some excuse about how they are so broke and can't afford to buy things for the baby just so people will offer them free stuff, but then go spend money on other useless things it really REALLY irritates me!  if you already told her she could have the stuff though then i don't have much advice on how to deal with her... sorry!

hopeandglory53
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Yeah, I think I would tell her "Well, if you can afford a 4d ultrasound, then you can afford things like a crib, clothing, diapers, etc. that a baby needs. I'll make sure this stuff goes to someone who REALLY needs it."

linseyfrayer
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Quoting hopeandglory53:

Yeah, I think I would tell her "Well, if you can afford a 4d ultrasound, then you can afford things like a crib, clothing, diapers, etc. that a baby needs. I'll make sure this stuff goes to someone who REALLY needs it."

this lady said it all!

NatHaileysmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

No one should help ppl that cant even help themselves. I wouldnt give into someone like that.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM
*updated* And my SIL won't let anyone see the info on the bank account my MIL has asked!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Umm......wow!!!

mommyoftwo1215
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

wow, that sounds like a messed up situation, i have no advice, but i will keep you in my prayers!!!

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Thank you and it is messed up and crazy and driving me insane!

Quoting mommyoftwo1215:

wow, that sounds like a messed up situation, i have no advice, but i will keep you in my prayers!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)