Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His name or your name

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM
  • 128 Replies

How many of you ladies still have your maiden names after you married your husband? I still have mine. I want to get it change I just haven't yet. We only been married for a year. Do anyone feel that they are not complete if you don't share your hubby last name? Or is it just the same for you? Just curious

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2love
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:53 PM

i feel incomplete because I want my name back after that horrible marriage lol

xxLukesMamaxx

I have my husbands name, I couldn't wait to get rid of mine lol

jenn210830

i took his last name...just because to me its just a tradition thing.  i have nothing against anybody who doesnt wish to take their husbands name

MommaDuck1216
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

When SO and I get married I will be taking his last name, which is ok because I dont like mine anyway.

Kendra0707
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Well I guess thats a good reason why people should keep their names lol

Quoting 2love:

i feel incomplete because I want my name back after that horrible marriage lol

rg87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I took my husband's name.

youngnconfused

I took my hubbys but I was tired of people saying mine wrong, and it seemed natural to me to change it.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

christie801

I took my husbands last name. I never really thought about keeping my own. My feelings when I married my husband was that I loved him and having his name told him that I respected him and trust him. That is just how I felt. I don't think that I lost my own identity. I will always be proud of my maiden name. But, I am also proud to carry my husbands name too.

Loving my life as mother and wife. Mommy to Paige and wife to Brian.

-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM

At the time I couldnt wait to get rid of Roepke because I was so pissed at my daddy so I have my husbands name. I dont mind it but I do miss Roepke. No one knows me by Courtney Hogan they all know me by Courtney Roepke.

3earthangels
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I have kept my name for the past 4 years. When and if he adopts my oldest 2, we will all change our last names to my & his name hyphenated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)