Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel for my little guy.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I posted a post a few days ago that my cat was going to get fixed. Well tomorrow morning 8 to 815 we are taking my kitty, Jojo, in. I'm so scared for him. I've never had to get a pet fixed or get shots before. I have no idea what to expect when I bring him home. I have to get him after 230 that afternoon. My whole family has told me boy cats are easier when they get fixed then girl cats are. IDK I just feel bad for the little guy.

I have NEVER thought I would bond like this with a cat again since my childhood cat died 4 yrs ago. I've only had Jojo for about year now but right when I first saw him I just knew he was going to be my snuggle buddy.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandi2781
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM

He will probably be alittle sleepy and slow moving when he comes home.

MommaDuck1216
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM

What a cute kitty!!! Im sure he'll be fine. simple smile

-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Quoting MommaDuck1216:

What a cute kitty!!! Im sure he'll be fine. simple smile

Thanks everyone thinks he's cute. I'm hoping he will be we are getting him fixed so we can get a girl cat. My friend has to get rid of her cats thats where we got Jojo from she has another one that we want but we dont want babies.

kirstn007
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM

yeah he'll be fine, just a little loopy from the meds and the surgery. he should be fine in a week and should be feeling better in a few days. poor guy lol

-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Quoting brandi2781:

He will probably be alittle sleepy and slow moving when he comes home.

Thanks. I have to put him in my room beause he's scaried of my son so I think I'll just take him up there before letting him out the cat carrier.

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM

yep. tired and cranky. maybe even a lil standoffish. it's normal.  if he doesnt eat or drink for a while, he may be depressed. weird, i know, lol. my childhood cat (a female) came home severely depressed after she was fixed. we had to wipe baby food on her nose, which she then licked off, as that is her natural reaction. anyway, i'm sure your little guy will be fine. i have had two male kitties and two female kitties fixed and other than my childhood one, they all came home fine

flitpixie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:01 PM

yeah, put him in a room where he can be alone. Neutering isn't too big  deal, he'll be groggy for a day or so but he'll be fine. 

When my kitty got neutered, he slept for most of the day and when he was awake, he grumbled at me but that was about it. by the next day, he was back in the living room so he could whine and get extra love and treats. It's not an invasive procedure so the recovery time is seriously only a couple days.

mstevens10
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:02 PM
He will be pretty sluggish and not do much when he come home and he should just about be ok a day or 2 later like nothing happened.
goallyrose
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM

What a cute kitty! He'll be fine when he comes home, just a little sleepy and drunk seeming, lol. Good for you for getting your pet fixed though!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Quoting goallyrose:

What a cute kitty! He'll be fine when he comes home, just a little sleepy and drunk seeming, lol. Good for you for getting your pet fixed though!

Thanks. I think every pet that wont breed again needs fixed thats JMO tho My friend (I got the cat from) has about 20 cats all of them have not had their shots && are not fixed I think thats just stupid. We are going to get another cat from her so we are finally getting Jojo fixed we dont want babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)