Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water Births?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am really wanting to have a water birth but I am such a baby when it comes to pain. With my first 2 daughters i made sure I had the pain meds and epidural. So I was wondering if any of you mamas have had a water birth and if so how would you rate the pain? Also would you tell another mama to try it?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JillB2008
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I gave birth the first time with iv meds and the second time I gave birth with no meds. I didn't have a water birth but if you set your mind to it, you can do it. Just relax and breathe through the contractions. Think of the baby or whatever makes you happy and have lots of support.

JMKristy
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I don't know if this counts... with my first the hospital had a whirlpool... they let me get in, saying it would help with the pain. It did for a few, but then made the contractions come quicker and stronger all of a sudden. The doctor said it was b/c i relaxed so much in the water... I dunno. I do know that when I got out, I was ready for drugs! LOL!

robin1725
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I think it's great...but it wasn't for me. I tried to do it but anytime that I was sitting the pressure was unbelievable. I couldn't take it. I needed to be up and moving around or laying on my side in my bed. I did do it naturally though without ANY pain meds and I wouldn't have it any other way. Being in the jacuzzi didn't do anything for me but I have a friend that it helped a lot with her pain. I think it's a great idea though. I might try it again next time.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mumiov2
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I had a waterbirth the first time round it was a lovely experience baby came out of the water all nice and clean 2 lol.. i would highly recommend a water birth 2 anyone!! The only drug i had with my waterbirth was a shot in the leg of Pethidine and that was it im sure the warm water must have helped 2!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)