Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this what you wanted or did you have other plans in mind?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:47 AM
  • 29 Replies

Were you the type of person that always knew you were going to get married and have kids or did you decide not to have kids and get married but things changed when you found that certain someone?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_of_3_bbies
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM

i always wanted kids. i love kids but i never thought i would be getting married...was so against it after seeing how my parents fight and how they cheated on each other...it just looked like a mistake waiting. i found my soon to be hubby and i cannt wait to now.

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I always knew I wanted to get married and have kids. I never knew what I wanted to do career wise (still don't), but I always knew I wanted to have a family and be a mother.

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM

That is so sweet. Congrats.

Quoting mama_of_3_bbies:

i always wanted kids. i love kids but i never thought i would be getting married...was so against it after seeing how my parents fight and how they cheated on each other...it just looked like a mistake waiting. i found my soon to be hubby and i cannt wait to now.

C_Kight
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I've always wanted kids but I definitely had different plans in mind. I didn't want to get married until after I was 30... I wanted to finish college first and work on a career. I ended up getting pregnant at 17, turned 18, got married a week after h.s. graduation and had my baby two months later! But now I wouldn't have it any other way!

misunderstood1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM

ha no. I had applied to the peace corps and was waiting for acceptance and such then I met my now DH. I cancelled my application and we were married a little over a year later. Had the baby 10 months after that. Not what I planned but I am happy how things have turned out, I couldn't imagine life any different. Someday I will travel and help people and being so young it won't be hard to do later in life. 

carriebear1485
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I always wanted to get married and have a big family.

Mikeybsmom2006
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I wasn't sure in HS if I wanted kids but I always knew the man I wanted to marry since I was 14. We were off and on but always BFF. My friends can't believe we actually got married, I always knew, just took him a little longer, LOL. I think I started wanting kids in college.

mom2LandL
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I didn't get the life I expected, but I got the one I wanted.  I expected to finish school, supprt my bf while he finished school, get married, work, and eventually have kids.  I hated the thought of waiting so long and doing all those things--I never cared about school, all I wanted was a family.  I nrole up with my ex, found my hubby, knew he was the one, and now I have the life I wanted!

LighannLaur
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Honestly, I never wanted children.  I used to babysit all the time when I was younger and hated it!  Then in high school I fell in love and after a year of us being together I got pregnant which was a HUGE shock!!  After she was here, it felt right.  Everything just fell into place for me and I've never regretted getting pregnant or putting my life on hold before it got started.  Three children later...I love my girls, but I'm stil not fond of others' children.  Guess it's just me. 

Ella Rose 11-1-05

Alora Rayne 2-21-02

Kyra Ren 10-26-06

my4stepsons
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Wow this is a toughy. I always wanted to have a family at some point but I had always hoped I would get to live out my dreams first. I wanted to go into the air force and serve my time just like the rest of my family but a few months before I was supposed to ship out for basic, I was in a really bad car accident that prevented me from going. Soon after I met my first husband and after 6 months of being married, we started trying to have kids. I got pregnant that summer but we sadly miscarried in October that year. It was both devisating and somewhat greatful because we shortly got his deployment orders after finding out about the miscarriage. The deployment was set for 15 months so I would have gone through the entire pregnancy and part of the first year after birth alone. I know many woman have done it before but I was scared of the idea. However I ended up getting pregnant after he came home for his mid-tour leave but miscarried again a few months later. Then sh*t hit the fan and everything went down hill. We ended up getting divorced upon his return from deployment and I went about living my own life by going back to school. I am now a year and half away from getting my bachelor's degree in journalism and happily engaged to a wonderful man who is also in the military. He has 4 very active boys all with special needs and they keep me on my toes. I love his kids very much but I hope we can have our rugrat (hopefully a girl) very soon. It may not be how I imagined my life several years ago but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)