Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should We..? Or Shouldn't We..?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM
  • 34 Replies

Well that the big question that has been weighting on my brain for some time now. I currently have a 14 month at home..which most of you do too =). He is my first and I cherish him more than life itself. The big question is... do we try for baby number 2? I really want another baby...not to mention (most will call me crazy) but I LOVED being pregnant with my son. Granted I had some rough times..but all in all...I loved it. But I'm trying really hard not to let that curve my reasoning for having another baby. Loving being pregnant is not a good enough excuse to bring another life into this world. What do you ladies think? What do you consider the right time to have another? I hear sometimes deciding to have number 2 is harder than deciding to have the 1st one. I totally believe that. It was no question when we decided to have Ayden. But deciding on this one is harder for me. So many things come into play...money...do I work..or do I try to stay home.. Will I still have enough time for him..with a new baby? blah blah blah...all the usual questions. I need help. Even all you veteran moms out there...what helped you decide to have baby #2? Or was he/she a surprise? I appreciate everyone's input! Have a great day!

Jerra----Mother to a beauliful baby boy - Ayden born 2/25/09CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DebWatson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM

My two are 16 months apart and I love it. I wanted to wait longer but my son was a surprise. My daughter wasn't old enough to be overly jealous and 8 months later they play together and love eachother. I love having my kids close together and being able to ditch diapers and bottles almost at the same time. Good luck.

KCornett04
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I really want another baby too and I loved being pregnant. Right now we cant afford another though. SO is still in college and I've been out of work for 9 months. If it was for unemployment benefits we wouldnt be making it at all. Once I have a steady job again we will talk about having more children. I would like SO to be out of school too but that might never happen since he changes his major every other year. lol

kamrynlily07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM

After my daughter was born we knew we wanted to have one more, but it took me a long time to get to the point of being ready.  Luckily we get pregnant really easily so as soon as we were ready it happened.  My daughter will be 3 1/2 when this one is born.  I just felt for so long that she was a baby and needed my undivided attention.   Breastfeeding is also very important to me so I bf'ed her for 25 months before my period even returned.  We only want 2 so we werent in a big hurry, but we are so excited to have this one on the way (and it's a boy YAAY!).  Good luck.

Briannas_mommy1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Mine were all planned. My first and send are 18.5 months apart and my second and third will be 17.5 months apart. I chose to have it that way, because I wanted my kids close in age. My brother and I are 7 years apart and NEVER got along. My kids get along great!!! Just how I wanted it to be.  It really is all up to you on if you want your kids close in age or farther a part...I say if you and dh want another baby...GO FOR IT!

alexa_n_mommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM

My DD is almost 3 and I'm still not ready (relationship wise and mentally) for her to not be my baby anymore. I still want to enjoy her and only her. Maybe later this year or when she turns 4 maybe I'll try again, maybe.

hopeandglory53
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Honestly, only YOU can answer if you are ready to have another child already or not. I was told after my first (emergency c-section) to not try again until she was 2 years old. Well, she was almost 2 years old when I got pregnant again (around Christmas, her b-day is mid-Jan). Middle daughter was born ~2 years later, and youngest is 14 months and 9 days younger than middle (she was a complete surprise, I shouldn't have gotten pregnant with her, but the Lord had other plans).

KBix
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM

we have a 3 yr old son and have decided we only want one. our son is our cherished prince and i love him dearly but i dont think we can handle a second one

jerraevans
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Thanks Ladies. I agree with everyone. I've always known I wanted my kids fairly close together. I'm the youngest of three..there is 12 years between me and the oldest and 8 between me and the middle child. Even now that we are all grown..we don't talk that much and I hate it. So I want my kids to have a closer relationship.

LiLbesos812
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I got pregnant with my daughter when my son was 9 months old. It was a complete shocker (I was on the mini pill, breastfeeding and we were using condoms, and I hadn't had a period yet) Considering all of that I figure she was really meant to be! It was quite an adjustment, but I think it was way easier having them close together. They grow up together, being best friends. I mean sure they have their moments when they'd rather be alone, but I think things are going to get a lot better when our house is finished. (we only have a 2 bedroom now, and we are building a 4 bedroom) If I could have a 3rd we would probably be ttc right now, but our chances of having another are very low... I only have one ovary! Another reason that my daughter is such a miracle! Good luck with your decision. I have learned that no matter what life throws at you, you always find a way to make it work!

JMKristy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I say go for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)