Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about 3d/4d ultarsounds

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

I currently live in North Chicago and I'm 9 weeks pregnant. In mid May I'm going back to Oklahoma where my mom is for my brothers graduation. I thought it would be cool to get a 3D/4D ultrasound but they recommend that you're 27 weeks. Do you have to wait that long? If you got one done when did you do it? I'm not doing it to find out the gender of the baby. I just thought it'd be cool for my mom to be there for an ultrasound. 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briannas_mommy1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM

They suggest 27 + weeks because that  is when the baby starts putting on weight an you can see distinct features. They say any time before that, that the baby's skin is still thinned out and you can see bone still.

gmswife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Oh ok so it would be kind of pointless to do it then.

Quoting Briannas_mommy1:

They suggest 27 + weeks because that  is when the baby starts putting on weight an you can see distinct features. They say any time before that, that the baby's skin is still thinned out and you can see bone still.

Craziirabbit
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Can  come with you? j/k  My parents live in OK too!  

Briannas_mommy1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I mean you can do it, but it probably wouldnt be worth the money. I had talked to an U/S tech when I was pregnant with my son and she said frankly she thinks it is very creepy to look at a 3d u/s before 26 weeks. The suggested time is after 26 weeks and before 32-34...because later then that the baby is smushed and you probably won't get good pics. So I would maybe just go with a regular u/s, so your mom can see.

Quoting gmswife:

Oh ok so it would be kind of pointless to do it then.

Quoting Briannas_mommy1:

DylansMom213
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I got mine done at Miracle Within Ultrasound in Edmond, OK and they want you to wait until 28 weeks. Unless you do go for the gender, then they will do that as early as 16 weeks. I did mine at exactly 28 weeks and it was so amazing. I recommend it to everyone! Also, I don't know about the places where you live, but at Miracle Within does a live Internet streaming of your ultrasound so family and friends can watch. It was great, they gave me a CD of pictures with I think like, 45 pictures on it and I got a coupon off their website so it cost about $100. Totally worth it!

cartersmommy407
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I had one done at 16 weeks and we found out  the baby was a GIRL

cartersmommy407
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting cartersmommy407:

I had one done at 16 weeks and we found out  the baby was a GIRL

this is our pic from 16 weeks

Lilypie Maternity tickers
KimberlySnipes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I did mine there too.  I just had one on Thursday at 21 weeks.  She just explained to me that she's not going to be as filled out, but it was totally worth it to me.  It was $65 and I added the pic package that was $15 and got 60 pictures.  I originally went on for the gender check and changed it to 3D.  At Miracle Within you have to have had your anatomy check before they will allow you to do it, so they won't let you that early, at least not there.

Quoting DylansMom213:

I got mine done at Miracle Within Ultrasound in Edmond, OK and they want you to wait until 28 weeks. Unless you do go for the gender, then they will do that as early as 16 weeks. I did mine at exactly 28 weeks and it was so amazing. I recommend it to everyone! Also, I don't know about the places where you live, but at Miracle Within does a live Internet streaming of your ultrasound so family and friends can watch. It was great, they gave me a CD of pictures with I think like, 45 pictures on it and I got a coupon off their website so it cost about $100. Totally worth it!

Getting married in the Oklahoma City area? Let WED | WeddingsEventsDesign design the wedding of your dreams. Check out my site... www.Kimberly-WED.webs.com
NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
gmswife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Awe cute!!! The farthest along I'll be while we're down there is 14 weeks. I still haven't decided if I want the gender or not. I kindof want to wait and be surprised but I kind of also want to know NOW so I can start buying stuff.lol

Quoting gmswife:

I currently live in North Chicago and I'm 9 weeks pregnant. In mid May I'm going back to Oklahoma where my mom is for my brothers graduation. I thought it would be cool to get a 3D/4D ultrasound but they recommend that you're 27 weeks. Do you have to wait that long? If you got one done when did you do it? I'm not doing it to find out the gender of the baby. I just thought it'd be cool for my mom to be there for an ultrasound. 

gmswife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

My mom lives in Apache so Edmond is a bit of a drive. But what do you mean have an anatomy check? 

Quoting KimberlySnipes:

I did mine there too.  I just had one on Thursday at 21 weeks.  She just explained to me that she's not going to be as filled out, but it was totally worth it to me.  It was $65 and I added the pic package that was $15 and got 60 pictures.  I originally went on for the gender check and changed it to 3D.  At Miracle Within you have to have had your anatomy check before they will allow you to do it, so they won't let you that early, at least not there.

Quoting DylansMom213:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)