Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Mid-cycle bleeding".. not on birth control (please read)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

My cycles have been running about 31-35 days.  I got my period 12 days ago and it lasted 6 days.  This morning I woke up and I'm bleeding.  It's between spotting and bleeding really.  Mild cramping.  Not on birth control, it's never happened before and I wouldn't even expect to ovulate for another week.  We haven't been preventing and hoping for a 2nd for a little while now, but the timing of this makes me think that doesn't have anything to do with it.  Just wondering if anyone else had anything like this happen.  I'm 23 btw.  It's just weird.. I've gone late before but never had early bleeding. 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsDGasser
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I wish I could help,but I havent had my period since january but  than again I went off of bc in october

av0531
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:59 PM

the only thing i can think of is maybe implantation bleeding? if your not trying to prevent that might be what it is. GL!

Kisses4Henry
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I wish!  I doubt the timing would be right, but that would be nice.  It's weird.. it keeps going moderate then light for a white.. then moderate then light again, etc.  I'm going to take another pee test to make sure I'm not preg even though I got my period.  You hear about that sort of thing! .. and I have a dollar store test around.

Quoting av0531:

the only thing i can think of is maybe implantation bleeding? if your not trying to prevent that might be what it is. GL!

christine.r2624
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM

test to see, and then wait 2 weeks and test again in case this IS implantation bleeding... ya never know! we got pregnant in jan/feb (depends if I ovulated late or early, because we know on my normal ovulation days we didnt have sex) and I was certain we wouldnt get pregnant that cycle! the timing just didnt add up.... now we are due late oct/early nov! good luck!

Quoting Kisses4Henry:

I wish!  I doubt the timing would be right, but that would be nice.  It's weird.. it keeps going moderate then light for a white.. then moderate then light again, etc.  I'm going to take another pee test to make sure I'm not preg even though I got my period.  You hear about that sort of thing! .. and I have a dollar store test around.

Quoting av0531:

~C~

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Kisses4Henry
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:12 PM

That would be wild if it was!  With my son I was trying to time things when we wre TTC and I ovulated so late that I got preg with him about the time I expected my period to come.  That's why now we're just not preventing instead of "trying"... but I still assumed it was a late ovulation since my cycles ran long.  It looks like after research it's probably ovulation bleeding; which I never heard of!  It started monday morning and we had sex last fri night.. so maybe.  Darn..we so should of last night!  Almost did but we got into a long convo and fell asleep, lol.  I still have to take that test to put my mind at ease.. just so weird for me.

Quoting christine.r2624:

test to see, and then wait 2 weeks and test again in case this IS implantation bleeding... ya never know! we got pregnant in jan/feb (depends if I ovulated late or early, because we know on my normal ovulation days we didnt have sex) and I was certain we wouldnt get pregnant that cycle! the timing just didnt add up.... now we are due late oct/early nov! good luck!

Quoting Kisses4Henry:

Quoting av0531:

Brittany.Dann
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I would think implantation bleeding. Is it heavy?

Kisses4Henry
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I feel like it's probably so early for that ... but who knows.  It's lighter/spotting now.. it goes back and forth.  Earlier I had a panty liner and I didn't have to change it for an hour or two.. then I had a panty liner I had to change in 10-15 minutes.  It's been going on about 10 hours now.  I don't know how much people bleed for ovulation bleeding or implantation bleeding but I've been feeling like maybe this is more than that :-/

Quoting Brittany.Dann:

I would think implantation bleeding. Is it heavy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)