Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RUDE NEIGHBORS!!!!!! *Vent*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

My new neighbors came to my door today with my census form.... That would make you think " how nice of her" right?  Wrong!  She had it in her house for almost weeks.  Is it too late to fill it out?  I have never gotten one before, and someone told me I could get into trouble by not filling it out and sending it in.

Anyways... what else is rude is she just laughed and says, "oh I have gotten quit a few of the neighbors mail, I usually just throw it away, but I thought this might be important, so I brought it over to you"  WTH?  So it makes me wonder out of all the mail that I should have gotten - thinking it never got sent- how much of it showed up in her mail box?  And she just threw them away.  Here I am getting mad at my landlord for not sending me my option to sign another lease,  And she could have gotten that and just threw that out.  Some people are just so rude!  Should I call the post office, and let the post office know they are mixing up the mail?  IDK if that would do any good but I guess it couldn't hurt.  I know she doesn't have to give people their mail, but I do find it to be rude... what if someone was needing something important?  And she just threw it out.  Some people.

So what do you do? .... If you get a neighbors mail..do you take the time, and walk it over to your neighbors house?  Or do you just throw it away?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDGasser
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I would walk it over & give it to them. I think that is extremely rude, I can't believe she would just throw them away isnt that crime? what if there was bills!! we just got neighbors I am excited lol

potchynok
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I get my mail at the post office but if they accidently stick someone elses mail in my box I take it back in to them and tell them it was in the wrong box. It doesn't happen very often though.

kngarber
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM

What an a ding bat.  If I get my neighbors mail I take it to their house and give it to them or put it to where they can see it.  And I do believe you still have time to fill it out. 

harleyquinn6503
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM

i get my neighbors mail quite often actually...if i accidently open it not paying attention i'll knock on ther door and hand it to them, otherwise i'll just put it in their mailbox.

KBix
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM

i always bring my neighbors their mail

hopeandglory53
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I'll either put it into outgoing mail (well now mail box with flag up), or I will personally walk it over to the neighbor (if I feel it is something vitally important, like one time on base, I got a package notification a few days before Christmas for the person living across the street...figured it was Christmas gifts, and I'd better just walk it over there).

As to the census, I believe it is too late to send it in (there are places you can call to find out for sure). But do not fret, they'll send a person out to the house. Go ahead and fill it out, and when that census worker stops by, give it to them.

Yes, call the post office and let them know that your workers are mixing up mail, and that you just found out your neighbor lady has been pitching important mail for other members of your neighborhood.

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM

IDK if its against the law.... But when I get someones mail, I thought I might get into trouble if I don't send it back to sender... or take it to a neighbors if its theirs.  I can;t believe she was so casual in admitting it, like she had no idea that what she was doing was rude. lol... some people, I just don't know.

Quoting MrsDGasser:

I would walk it over & give it to them. I think that is extremely rude, I can't believe she would just throw them away isnt that crime? what if there was bills!! we just got neighbors I am excited lol

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM

We have been getting a mix up in the mail lately... Our mail person is new, so IDK if its because she is not experienced enough or what?  I feel for her though...she is a sweet lady.  I'd hate for her to get into trouble

Quoting potchynok:

I get my mail at the post office but if they accidently stick someone elses mail in my box I take it back in to them and tell them it was in the wrong box. It doesn't happen very often though.

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Thanks =)

Quoting hopeandglory53:

I'll either put it into outgoing mail (well now mail box with flag up), or I will personally walk it over to the neighbor (if I feel it is something vitally important, like one time on base, I got a package notification a few days before Christmas for the person living across the street...figured it was Christmas gifts, and I'd better just walk it over there).

As to the census, I believe it is too late to send it in (there are places you can call to find out for sure). But do not fret, they'll send a person out to the house. Go ahead and fill it out, and when that census worker stops by, give it to them.

Yes, call the post office and let them know that your workers are mixing up mail, and that you just found out your neighbor lady has been pitching important mail for other members of your neighborhood.

hopeandglory53
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM

It might not be her that's mixing up the mail. Have you ever just sat there and watched? The mail is pre-sorted...so it could be the workers who are sorting the mail back in the office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)