Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent about dh's job!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

My husband's job is being so dumb right now! About 2 weeks ago I started to go into pre-term labor. He was at work so he asked to leave. It took them an hour and a half to let him go. He ended up only leaving 15 minutes early anyways. We stayed the night in the hospital so he called them and told them what was going on and took that next day off because I was still there and we didn't know what was going to happen. They ended up sending me home and putting me on bed rest. I have family around to help me out so he called to tell them he could come back to work the next day. But they had already taken him off the schedule for the rest of the week. And then they didn't schedule him this week either. So in 2 weeks he's only worked 2 days. All because he took ONE day off. We can't afford for him to not work!  It just doesn't seem right that they would do that. He's only been working there a few months but he's been a very good employee. People call in sick all the time and they don't lose out on their shifts and my dh had a very good reason for taking the day off but now they're being jerks about it. It's so frustrating because I'm on maternity leave so I'm making money but not my full pay. And now he's practically making nothing! What are we supposed to do!? Dh says he's going to start looking for another job. I hope he can find something better!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

id say looking for a new job would be smart....and if they let him go or continue to not schedule him...make sure he reports it!!! thats not right at all.

robertmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

that totally sucks , i  hope that he finds a better job. Good luck.

hopeandglory53
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Sounds like he's doing the right thing. Did he talk to his boss about not working? Or the person in charge of everything? That's kinda BS that they'd just erase him from the schedule like that just because you're having some problems with the pregnancy and needed to go in :(

mandalouwhotn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM

What does he do?

KBix
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Quoting MommyRJ:

id say looking for a new job would be smart....and if they let him go or continue to not schedule him...make sure he reports it!!! thats not right at all.

Kristina~mommy to Bailian and wife to Brad~

Sophie1106
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Well he's called the boss every couple days asking if there's any shifts they need covered because he wants to work. But they never give him anything. He said he's going to go and talk to him again today when he gets off. Hopefully they put him back on next week's schedule.

Quoting hopeandglory53:

Sounds like he's doing the right thing. Did he talk to his boss about not working? Or the person in charge of everything? That's kinda BS that they'd just erase him from the schedule like that just because you're having some problems with the pregnancy and needed to go in :(

Sophie1106
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

He's a security guard.

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

What does he do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)