Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son fell

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

sorry its blurry he wont hold still! My son fell on a toy truck and did this it puffed right out and brusied should i take him to er? he seems to be acting ok

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

when you say it puffed out do you mean like a knot? if so then that is actually a good thing. i would probably just keep a really close eye on him. if he starts  throwing up or seems really lethargic then take him in. also do not let him go to sleep for at least 1-2 hours

shaynaj
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Quoting gcstar42:

when you say it puffed out do you mean like a knot? if so then that is actually a good thing. i would probably just keep a really close eye on him. if he starts  throwing up or seems really lethargic then take him in. also do not let him go to sleep for at least 1-2 hours

yeah it like swelled out . thanks!

KBix
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM

he will be fine and welcome to the world of head wounds...my son falls atleast 3 times a day and half the time it looks like i beat him. but as long as it knots out your good. hand him some frozen vegs or anything from the freezer and have him hold it on his head and the swelling will go right down.

C_Kight
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM

There was a point in time when my son would have a new bruise on his forehead EVERY SINGLE WEEK.... Heck, if I didn't know any better I would of thought that he was beat every week! He will be jsut fine momma.

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM

your welcome. my 2 and 3 yr olds have each had their share of knots on their head. italways looks horrible but they get over it pretty fast. also they say to take them in if they dont stop screaming and crying within a few minutes but from that picture it didnt really look like he was. you can give him tylenol or something for a headache but they always told me to try and wait until after at least one hour was up in case it made them sleepy

Quoting shaynaj:

Quoting gcstar42:

yeah it like swelled out . thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)