Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower themes??(posted in another group)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM
  • 17 Replies

SO's mom told me today that she was trying to think of a theme for my baby shower and I have no clue what she means lol.I never had a baby shower because I didn't want to throw one for myself but now I'm part of a new family with new ways and stuff so they want to throw me a baby shower.I thought it was either a boy baby shower or a girl baby shower so I'm at a loss.I'm having a girl and I don't want them doing too much pink so I need some suggestions...what is a good theme?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katznkt
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM

I don't know... all the showers I have been too have always been baby themed... 

We did a color theme of yellow and pink I guess...  

momma0ffive
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:09 AM

what about like a spring theme w flowers and butterflies...... girly things

Mrs.Bolin
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM

If u don't want pink u could do yellow and greens and yellows and purples. A rubber duckie theme would be cute. A friend of mine is having twin girls and she wants the brown and pink polka dots or stripes.

2love
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Oh thats a good one!ima have to think about that lol!

Quoting momma0ffive:

momma0ffive
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Quoting 2love:

Oh thats a good one!ima have to think about that lol!

Quoting momma0ffive:

i did this for DD#1 first birthday too!

BabyBrooke13
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:43 PM

with my first baby (2.5 now) I was thrown a "Pamper the Girls" party . . . the decor was very modern in shades of pink and black (they have similar designs in white and black, green and black, really you could probably find it in any colors) and everyone was asked to bring either a pack of pampers or something to pamper the mom (bath stuff, a bottle of wine, sented candles, mani/pedi, ect.) . . . we had a blast and I'm glad they did something different then anything really girly because it wouldn't have suited me then

dragonfly.1982
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM

We did mine with a jungle theme that is what his down-stairs theme is so to speek his swing and bouncy and such and we found cups, plates napkins and stuff at the Dollar tree so we were able to do it really cheap. I liked it because I didn't want the "It's a BOY" holy cow blue everywhere thing this was more green orange yellow and blue.

I think the spring theme would be cute for a little girl or rubber duckies.

2love
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I was looking at black and pink themes last night online and theyre very chic!!!If u have pics of ur baby shower post them please?!I wanna see!!

Quoting BabyBrooke13:

with my first baby (2.5 now) I was thrown a "Pamper the Girls" party . . . the decor was very modern in shades of pink and black (they have similar designs in white and black, green and black, really you could probably find it in any colors) and everyone was asked to bring either a pack of pampers or something to pamper the mom (bath stuff, a bottle of wine, sented candles, mani/pedi, ect.) . . . we had a blast and I'm glad they did something different then anything really girly because it wouldn't have suited me then

MrsDGasser

maybe do like precious moments or something along those lines

gigglefiend121

We are having a boy and my best friend threw my baby shower. she did a jungle theme which is how I am decorating our nursery

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)