Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i know this a prob a dumb ? but any moms here have a hysterectomy?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 3 Replies

am 24 years old and have suffered with endometriosis since i was 15, iv had two laproscopes, 2 kiddos and after them i went through zoladex threapy to try and save me from a hyterectomy, all that did was make me gain a ton of weight,that doesnt want to come off and make me feel like junk. So December 3 i had a TAH, and kept both ovaries.  the recovery was a little rough because i didnt have much help. well a few weeks after i started getting herendous pain on that right side, it was a cyst that ruptured on its own, the right side is where iv always had pain and cycts.  well my right side still gets wicked pain that knocks me on my knees.

Iv always been a migraine suffer but since my hysterectomy they frequency and duration of them are just insane!  . I have been tryin to tough it out however its just gotten to be way to much so i got an appt tomorrow.  I never made a follow up post hysterectomy because life was just crazy and things where going on with my baby. but being as i have both  ovaries why do i feel moody,have these constant migraines and pain on that right side

I somewhat feel the hysterectomy fixed one issue and created another. the hysterectomy was needed because i was so heavy it was makeing me very animic, and the endometriois was to a point that as fast as they removed it more would appear.  I had my tubes tied 6 weeks after the birth of my daughter, at which time they removed endometioss and adhesions which is why i was put on the zoladex injections. 

the pain on my right side feels exactly how i felt when i had the endometriois. I am used to haveing cysts i got them chronically but this is just not the same pain. any thoughts would be great!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HeartsLove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Sweetie! Me too, started having surgeries when I was 15, I'll be 24 this summer. The problem is that you have to get rid of your ovaries to get rid of the Endo, I can't believe they didn't explain that to you! I'm refusing to have the hysterectomy, so I'm on a shot called Lupron right now. It shuts down your ovaries and puts you into menopause. I've only had 2 shots so far (you have them once a month) but I think I like it.

At your appt, you NEED to either ask them to go back and take out your ovaries, or put you on the Lupron. That's the only way you're gonna have a chance at relief. Did they tell you that even if you have a complete hysterectomy you could still suffer? I feel so horrible for you, you had other options they didn't tell you about!

Feel free to message me and I'll tell you what I know and what I've been thru

juansmommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM

i was on the lupron but has a reaction to it zoladex is the same thing, it didnt do anything for me but make me gain 60 pounds. its horrible isnt it? i cant win lol

SweetPea05
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I haven't been through that, although i do get cysts ick, but wanted to say hugs! And here is abump for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)