Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please HELP!! Phenergan Suppositorys.. TMI!?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Please Help! Maybe this is TMI.. Butttt...

From being so sick, all the time.. I am on Phenergan Suppositories.. They work.. However I'm having a huge problem keeping them in!! Meaning.. Even if I dont have to go to the bathroom or already did before I put them in, within 15 minutes I have to go!! Which means I poop them out (gross!) And it's painful!! Unfortunately it's not the kind of thing I can hold! Anyone else have this problem! HELP!!!!!!!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sweettigeress
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Sorry..I take them by mouth. 

BaileynMe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I'd ask them for an oral prescription. You CAN get that for that medication; my SIL had them.

atlshine
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM

try to mush it up, then push the mush up there.

ncarver03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Girl it happened to me too. They gave them to me when I got my wisdom teeth out and couldn't keep anything down. They say to hold it for as long as you can so it can work for you. You are not alone!

Nicole

::EDIT:: I just wanted to add that 15  minutes should be good because it should dissovle as soon as you insert. Are you running the water over them like you are supposed too? If it is not dissolving as soon as you insert, they may be bad or you could not be doing it right.

mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I was given ondansetron its the generic of Zofran and it dissolves under your tongue so you can't throw it up or anything ... its for nausea and vomiting also.maybe you can ask for that instead.

Also 15 mins is long enough

hrober226
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM

It's awful! I'm doing all of that.. and the reason I'm using suppositories is because I can't keep the oral down..

DylansMom213
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I had to take them once when I had a stomach virus and had horrible vomiting and diarrhea. I wanted to take them by mouth but my doc said I wouldn't keep them down, so I got the suppositories. They absorb a lot faster rectally, so after you put one in, just hold it as long as you possibly can. If you can hold it for 15 minutes, chances are you've already absorbed some of the medicine, even if you poop some of it out too. Hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)