Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

Just recently, my 3 year old daughter has been occasionally yelling in her sleep, just yelling, not screaming like a night terror or anything, ill wake up to hearing her yell something i cant understand, and rush into her room, to find her sound asleep, looking angelic, like nothing happened at all, has anyone else ever experienced this? its just weird to me, ive never heard of sleep yelling

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
key2ynot
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM

My DS who's 4 does this sometimes. We just chalk it up to a really exciting dream! If we try to talk back to him or ask him what's wrong, he doesn;t even wake up or respond. I wouldn;t worry about it :-)

momofthe3Ks
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:57 PM

my stepson has moaned and groaned in his sleep very loudly his entire life. he is six now. We used to think something was bothering him. We discovered that he has very exciting dreams...

Nanasmom03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Yes. Talk about strange.  My daughter has done the same thing. Maybe it was a dad dream.  I dunno!!  Kinda scary though.

LighannLaur
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

My 3 year old is a wicked sleeper!  Just last night she crawled into bed with me and next thing I knew...WHAM!  She was beating the hell out of me with her legs and arms!  She did sound a little distressed when she cried out, but this is not uncommon for her.  So be glad you missed all the kicks and punches :D

momma0ffive
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM

my kids fo it all the time the  3 older ones, at first it scared me but now i just laugh

AndriaE
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Ds used to sleep walk, but only when he was thirsty..lol I know it sounds crazy haha. He would get up and walk for the nearest drink and chug it. He wouldnt stop until it was gone and then he would just put it down and walk back into his room. Im glad he finally stopped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)