• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hair straightners

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

got any favorite brands?  I want to get a chi but they are pretty expensive but they have great reviews. Whats your favorite kind and whats the texture of your hair like.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
--Nicole--
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Chi and it works awesome. I ordered mine off Ebay for like $65. I have fine straight hair pretty much

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

kleigh24
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM

yeah I was searching on ebay last night and I couldnt find one under 70 bucks

Quoting --Nicole--:

Chi and it works awesome. I ordered mine off Ebay for like $65. I have fine straight hair pretty much

luvsdrgnflys
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I don't know if you are a member of Sam's Club but every year around the holidays they have the Chi ones for $75 that's when I bought mine. I just did a google search for them on Amazon they have some for around 75.  They are worth every penny.

KBix
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM

i got my chi for christmas from my mom. i love it :)

asesnick1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I have a Chi.  They are great!  My husband said he found mine on sale on Amazon for about $70.

DylansMom213
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Well for me, I haven't found a straightener that makes my hair perfectly straight and makes it stay that way all day! My hair is really silky soft, like fine hair is, but it's unbelievably thick and really wavy, almost like spiral curls. Anyway I like my hair better straight, but every single time I straighten it, it looks great for about twenty or so minutes and then it just starts to curl a little or frizz or get really poofy on me. I haven't found the perfect straightener or the perfect product to prevent this yet.  Problem is I'm stupid and cut all my hair off about 8 months ago...it's a little past my shoulders right now. My hair looks ridiculous if I try to wear it curly unless it's pretty long, so I'm growing it out right now. But good luck if you get the Chi...I've never used one of those before.

Mommy_n_Mel
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I have really thick, frizzy hair.  I have to use a straightener or curling iron in mine to make it at all managable.  I used a Hot Tools straightener for a long time and I loved it.  It eventually died on me. :(  Now I use a Remington Wet to Straight straightener and it works really well.  I don't actually use it on my hair when it's wet, but I do it on the highest setting when its dry.  I've had it for probably close to 4 years now and it's still going strong.  I got it at Wally world so it was maybe $20 or $30, but it works just as well, if not better than the Hot Tools straightener did and my hair is tough to straighten.

usafwife314
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I have a Chi.  I got it on Ebay for $65.  I love it!

mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM

My cousin went to Sally's beauty supply  and now has a knock off chi that works great. Her hair is thick and kinky..lol but if you dont like it there you can return it... also check ebay

nini0315
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Omg, my sis in law has a chi and I love it but cant afford one. I have a wet 2 straight and I love it. I have had it for about 5 years and never have had a problem with it. My hair is thick and wavy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)