Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you keep things from past relationships?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you keep things from past relationships? Like in your house displayed? Or do you think that's rediculous and just like obsessing over the past and not letting someone go?

(Totally random question, honestly not aimed at me or my hubby, hehehe)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LinaMarie
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I keep a picture of an ex and myself tucked away in my sock drawer....

My daughters father and I just broke up a week ago today and I still have pictures and stuff of us up... Guess I'm just not quite ready to give that one up yet...

orange4agua72
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM

That's totally normal! I'm just talking about after you get married to someone else would you still keep things up to make you remember an ex by? Like out in the open on display!

Quoting LinaMarie:

I keep a picture of an ex and myself tucked away in my sock drawer....

My daughters father and I just broke up a week ago today and I still have pictures and stuff of us up... Guess I'm just not quite ready to give that one up yet...

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM

i have kept things but eventually get over them and let go lol

sunshinemom614
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM

i have never been in another relationship with anyone else other than my husband, but i have had friends who do simply because they are not over that person and just cant let it go. and i had a friend who believed if she kept pictures of the 2 of them up that he would come back to her. well its been a couple of years and still hasn't worked. and she said he left a couple of cloth and boxers around and she says that her and her mother have this same theory that if you wear your SO's "dirty" boxers around the house that he will be drawn close to you. she is a strong believer in this and it still hasn't worked but i dont judge her for this because if my hubby left me id be heartbroken and will probably start doing things like that and it would probably seem like a good idea lol

dereksmom09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I have pictures of me and my ex with our son that passed away but my husband understands that.But they arent on display for everyone to see.And my husband has pictures of his ex's but I look at it as someone from his past and I'm his present. No big deal to me.

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I do have pictures packed away but nothing else.

sweettigeress
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I have a couple pictures...only because they're in my senior book. I also have a precious moments bell that an ex gave me on my entertainment center. My DH knows where it came from, he doesn't care. Other than that...no. Everything else I got rid of.

ssims728
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I don't. I would see it as disrespectful to my husband. And he has no past relationships so he couldn't do it if he wanted to. It just makes it seem like you are still holding on to that old relationship.

poptart0325
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM

No.  I've gotten rid of everything that has to deal with my exes and I.  I threw away all pictures.  I actually burned most of them, but mainly because my ex is an a-hole and I can't get into why I dislike him so much.. but yeah.  I do happen to have a few pictures on photobucket.com of an old ex, but we were friends at the time those pictures were taken.  That's about it.

Rachelrocks187
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM

i keep stuff. but i keep them put away in a box. I know my guy has pics of his ex. but he doesnt have her in a frame on his dresser or something. that would hurt my feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)