Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question from my hubby

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM
  • 19 Replies

Yes my husband wanted me to ask. lol. he's such a loser

I am on birthcontrol pills. Ortho-Lo to be exact. He was wondering what the chance are of concieving? We concieved our daughter when I had been on Depo for 2+ years and was religious about getting my shots right on time. We got pregnant in october 2009 on the same one. So naturally he's nervous that I will get pregnant on this one too. We ARE going to TTC in November and a baby wouldnt be a bad thing right now. He's really just curious.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCornett04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Probably around the same as all other pills about 1% or less if taken correctly.

Chrystal_A
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

As long as your religious with your pills its 99.9% effective.

MamaPeanut
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Yep.  And read the fine print, things like antibiotics can make the Pill less effective. 

Quoting Chrystal_A:

As long as your religious with your pills its 99.9% effective.

HotMommaStout
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

There's always a possibility with birth control.

autumnrstarr
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

ortho lo doesnt have any higher ratings over other birth control to be less effective. i think there's that 99.9% protection, and you fell into that 0.01% when you got pregnant.  It's a possibility, but a very low one. It happens.

kltaylor07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM

My first son was concieved on Ortho-lo.  (yes, I used it properly.  kept it in my purse at all times & my phone was set to go off at 9pm every single night.)

This one was using NuvaRing...

Obvously, birthcontrol & I do not get along. 

Realtor/Interior Designer  -  Oklahoma City  -  www.KateLadwig.com

susies3babies
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

well i got preg on that shot  times ,once on the patch and once on the shot , so bc does not work for me at all . 

Txmommy13
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Thats the pill i was on when i conceived my 2nd dd, BUT i had also missed ONE pill, while my oldest dd was in the hospital, did have time to go home and get my pack of pills, so i just went without that  night then doubled up the next day.So as long as your really good about taking it, it should be very effective.

jennypinfargo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I got Prego when I was on the same thing, however that does not mean that you will. Oh and I also have two friends that were on the same and got prego too.

DylansMom213
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM

If used "perfectly," meaning the exact same time every single day and not skipping a single pill, then your chances are less than 1% of getting pregnant. With "typical" use, meaning skipping an occasional pill or not taking them at the exact same time every day (or both) then you'd only be about 94% protected against pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)