Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this piss you off?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so we get my stepson friday night and take him back saturday evening,and was planning on taking my husbands mother to get something to eat for mothers day.Well my sister in law calls and wants us to comeover Sunday to a cookout with HIS family to a nasty ass house.....Well my question is would it piss u off if your husband went and spent time with them and not spend time with the mother of HIS child and not even giving me a chance to see my mama....He knows i wont go over there cause last time my daughter got sick after going over there.....and its plain filthy....so would it piss u off?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autumnrstarr
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

personally, mother's day isn't that important to me yet because my boys are only 3 and 1, but i think it might piss me off if he spent the whole day elsewhere...i can understand stopping by and showing his mother respect for mother's day, but i think majority of his day should be spent with his wife who is the mother of his kid. not sure if others see that as being selfish, but i find myself thinking and saying selfish things and i think that's because we've only been married for just under 2 years and i think that once you get married, your spouse is now number 1 with the parents being number 2..with exceptions of course.

HotMommaStout
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Let him spend him with his mother, and you spend time with yours. Then he can do something with you afterwards. I would not be offended that he wanted to spend time with his family on mother's day at all...as long as he made a little time for me too!

Susannah Thane

Wife to Adam

Mommy to Corbin (9/04), Calvin (2/06), & Christopher (5/07)

Nanasmom03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quoting HotMommaStout:

Let him spend him with his mother, and you spend time with yours. Then he can do something with you afterwards. I would not be offended that he wanted to spend time with his family on mother's day at all...as long as he made a little time for me too!

THIS!!

DylansMom213
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I think I would be okay with it if my husband went to his family's house for a little while that day...he needs to see his family too. But it would bother me if he spent the whole day over there, and didn't give me a chance to see my own mother or spend time with me.

anthonyswife27
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Yea i think we may just go our own ways sunday.....i will go to my mothers and he will go over there....

babygomez
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I agree :)

Quoting DylansMom213:

I think I would be okay with it if my husband went to his family's house for a little while that day...he needs to see his family too. But it would bother me if he spent the whole day over there, and didn't give me a chance to see my own mother or spend time with me.

Kaivarii
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Quoting babygomez:

I agree :)

Quoting DylansMom213:

Karisma_Thomas
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM

i would suggest maybe having inviting his family to your place plus invite yours too. than that way you both can spend time with both sides of the family and spend time with each other. Plus that way it keeps your daughter from getting sick.

HollyLC
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

You may not want to hear this but this is the truth.  Yes, your husband should want to spend time with you.  And you should tell him that it's important to you.  However, he wants to tell his mom she is special to him too.  No offense,....it's mothers day--his time to honor his mom,...not wife day.  Your children should do that and if they aren't old enough, be patient.  They will be one day.  Do you want his mother to be hurt because he wouldn't stop by?  I also think it is appropriate for you to stop by and say something to his mom....she is your mother in law.  If you don't want to stay long because it's nasty, then kindly tell you husband that in advance.  You should make plans in advance to be able to spend time with both mothers, and talk to your husband more about how you feel.  Maybe do brunch with your mom, cookout with his, and enjoy ice cream out just you, your husband, and kids.  No it would not make me mad,....because if he did that then either you didn't tell you how you feel, or you did and he just doesn't give a crap in which case he would be entirely rude and unloving.  If the latter happened, I'd be hurt not mad. 

TempestRayne
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Well, there is nothing saying you can't see your mom earlier in the day-but if the house is that bad, I wouldn't go back there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)