• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wanna lose weight!!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok I am now 211 pds. I was alot more after I had my youngest daughter I lost ALOT of weight. I was actually smaller than I was BEFORE I HAD MY FIRST!!!! but here recently I have started adding back some of the weight and I am getting very depressed about it.

I would like for any and everybody to add advice on ways to lose weight but PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I do not have any type of exercise equipment and I cant afford to get any at the moment.

Leave tips of foods to eat, ones to stay away from, how to curb hunger and exercises. Anything useful would be great!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful advice already given. Can I also get some examples of what is considered a small meal???

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Txmommy13
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

LOL, im in the same bought after having 4 pregnancies pretty close together it seems hard to get the weight off! The best advise i got was to be active, even just a stroll around the block, and you burn more calories if you push a stroller. Also portion control, instead of eating 3 large meals a day eat more frequently, but smaller portions.As for snacks ive read that cinomon(sp?) helps spead up motabalism, and another good snack would be peanuts with chayanne(sp?) pepper.And of course the obviouse fruits and veggies.And lean protein helps you stay full longer too i think.Hope this helps a little!

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I just eat soup before each meal (even bfast). I know it sounds crazy, but it worked for me. I cant make myself drink water before each meal and I cant just snack or eat 5 small meals. I eat 2x a day, large portions each, so I eat a bowl of broth based (NOT CREAM BASED) soup (like veggie or miso) and it fills me up a little more so i am not such a pig, lol. Cambells has their 110 calorie soups that are $1.29 a can. I eat half in the am & half in the evening. Good luck!

DylansMom213
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Try eating six mini meals a day, instead of three big meals. Make sure that you eat mostly healthy foods, even for snacks. However, if you find yourself dying for something sweet, go ahead and do it...in my experience, if I wanted, say, a piece of cheesecake, and I denied myself that for a while, eventually I'd give up and eat an entire cheesecake instead of just one piece. A little bit of sweet or fattening food isn't going to hurt you, but it's all about moderation.

As for exercising, just go for walks, or if you have a bike, ride your bike. Personally I'm trying to lose a little weight myself and I've taken to walking with my son every day, just around the neighborhood, for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. It actually is helping. Good luck!

army_wifey_06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

For exercise try walking or swimming this summer and make sure you drink lots and lots of water! A piece of meat should never be bigger than your fist or a hockey puck. I once followed a diet plan where I lost 40 lbs and they allowed you to have 4 Entrees a day (eggs, meat, protein), 4 Veggies, 4 Fruits. 2 Dairy (yogurt, glass of milk), 2 fats (mayo etc). Also try getting a food scale and weighing your servings of meat. I always make sure I eat serving sizes so I don't over eat. For example if a serving of cereal is 3/4 cup I make sure I measure it out. I'm joining Weight Watchers tomorrow to lose the rest of my baby weight. Send me a PM and I'll share some of what I learn at weight watchers with you =) Good luck!

babynoah07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

i am tryin to loose the baby weight from my last baby and i am gonna try walks everyday(walkin my kids to the park or around the neighborhood), and i have those fiber one bars, i eat one with a bottle of water helps me stay full a bit longer, and to keep myself from snacking while cooking i suck on sugar free mints or small hard candies. also i try to drink lots of water or crystal light, anything with less sugar :)

Brandeigh
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I agree with everyone else. Try to drink a lot of water.  Go for walks.  What I do if I am craving something sweet is eat a bowl of cereal instead of ice cream or chocolate or whatever it is you like.  If you watch a lot of tv (like me) do crunches, squats, pushups, and jumping jacks during the commercials.  I cant afford to get any excersize equip. so I  bought myself a jumprope, which burns a lot of calories! 

army_wifey_06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I do the same thing with the cereal =) I forgot to add that I loooove the Special K stuff. They have a really good chocolate cereal that satisfies my chocolate cravings Lol. My favorite cereal is the cinnamon pecan or vanilla almond. I haven't tried it but they advertise losing a jean size in 2 weeks or 6 lbs in 2 weeks by eating their cereal, waffles, shakes, meal bars and snack bars. Their 90 calorie snack bars are really good too. The chocolate preztel ones are my favorite. The Special K stuff also isn't that expensive.

Quoting Brandeigh:

I agree with everyone else. Try to drink a lot of water.  Go for walks.  What I do if I am craving something sweet is eat a bowl of cereal instead of ice cream or chocolate or whatever it is you like.  If you watch a lot of tv (like me) do crunches, squats, pushups, and jumping jacks during the commercials.  I cant afford to get any excersize equip. so I  bought myself a jumprope, which burns a lot of calories! 

sdwyer
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM

You don't need exercise equipment to work out. You'd be able to get a better full body workout if you went to the gym, but you can do exercises at your house. Drink lots of water and for cardio you can go running/walking. You can do lunges, sit ups, push ups, hip abductions, flutter kicks and other exercises like that to target certain areas of your body. Another thing you can do is get a taebo dvd for like $10 and do that a few times a week.

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Crunch Fat Burning Pilates DVD its $9.99. I think it depends on what you like to eat. I really like fresh spinach salads with cooked shrimp and a little bit of cheese. Take what your eating now and take half of it away. Do not get seconds. You can still eat many of the things you enjoy as long as you work out several times a week. After my first kid I was 200lbs. I cut out any and all cheeses anything considered JUNK food and ate as fresh and healthy as possible. But I also worked out to the CFBP 7 days a week I got down to a very fit 120lbs and was a size zero. its possible if you are up for the challenge. Also don't weigh yourself. Measure yourself. You will lose inches before you lose pounds! Good Luck!

Christi9834
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Go online and look at youtube video's of jillian micheals 30 day shred and the brazil butt lift and other workout video's and do those exercises when you have time.Eat breakfast everyday, it helps keep up your metabolism. Eating a seving of yogurt everyday helps burn belly fat and eating eggs in the morning will keep you fuller longer and you will eat less at lunch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)