Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life Insurance?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was wondering if any of you moms have life insurance for yourselves, or you and your DH/SO? We do not. I did have life insurance quite a few years ago, but I cancelled it because I was so young and didn't think I needed it. Now that I'm a mom I was thinking about getting it because you really never know.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

yes, we have the army sgli and family sgli, and then we also use american general bc my sister works for them

ShyJen
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM

My mom has life insurance on me and my 2 sisters. Thing is, she gets the money when I die.. and she doesnt want to give any of it to my husband. She said she will pay for the funeral then keep the rest.. ya ive already argued with her about it, i cant afford to take over my policy, my dad wants to but my parents hate eachother so she wont give it up.

Sam.Marie
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

My hubby has life insurance for himself and for me and the kids.

MamaPeanut
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

We do.  We have my husband's and my sgli through the military.  ($400,000 for him, $100,000 for me)

We also have additional life insurance for both of us through American Family.

mommybug77
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM

No because it is almost impossible to get someone to cover my type 1 diabetic husband. I have not had it on myself for years.

babynoah07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

my hubby has one through state farm, and we both have one through his work,

dreamer_8291
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I didn't know you could have more than one policy. That's not like insurance fraud or something? I did get the Gerber Life Insurance when DD was first born, but I cancelled that after the year. I was thinking about getting that again. So do any of you have insurance for you children?

shortstuff69
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM

i do..but its state paid..

HistoryPixie
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM

DH and I both got some when I was pregnant with our son.  And last year his father took one out on each of us.  It's a nice thing to have.

armywife2009101
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM

My husband has life insurance. I do not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)